NeoRiviera Savona to Dubai 15/11/2015

BalkanCruiser

Anyone know what is going on with this cruise ? Twice in the last few weeks the cruise as been removed from those available to book. As we are booked on the cruise I Emailed Costa when it was removed the first time and they replied saying the cruise was still happening. Magically it then reappeared on the schedule of cruises available for booking. Today I notice it has been removed again.

Is this usual ?

The unusual is the norm for Costa.

Repositioning cruises tend to get sold out very quickly. In this particular case, it could be an agent had a block booking, then cancaelled it and was opened up for sale, now it's all been snapped up.

The unusual is the norm for Costa.

Repositioning cruises tend to get sold out very quickly. In this particular case, it could be an agent had a block booking, then cancaelled it and was opened up for sale, now it's all been snapped up.

Is that so? So we need to book repositioning cruises early. I have just seen a similar cruise in March 2016 disappear. I will just keep watching and perhaps book early for the following repositioning cruise.

Rosie

There are two types of repositioning cruises, first the yearly ones, TAs to and from South America /Caribbean / Dubai, here cabins are always available, world cruise segments, the exotic ones go very fast, lastly the non-regular ones i.e. Dubai to Singapore / Shanghai. The latter tends to sell out fast, because of length the of cruise and cost passenger mix is normally a bit older.

Costa agent here in the USA has no information at this point why the cruise has been canceled. I show a refund of my deposit my credit card.

MSC cruises with a similar itinerary also is no longer available. And Princess also canceled a cruise gong there September 2015.

Costa will supposedly let everyone know about the new itinerary once they know.

Costa has put up the revised itinerary. The dates of the new cruise is Nov. 26 to Dec. 20. They added a few new ports, really a much better cruise.

The revised ports are:

Rome

Messina

Athens

Ashdod

Port Said (full day)

Sharm El Sheikh

Elat

Aqaba

Safaga

Salalah

Muscat

Khawr Fakkan

Khasab

Abu Dubai

Costa has put up the revised itinerary. The dates of the new cruise is Nov. 26 to Dec. 20. They added a few new ports, really a much better cruise.

The revised ports are:

Rome

Messina

Athens

Ashdod

Port Said (full day)

Sharm El Sheikh

Elat

Aqaba

Safaga

Salalah

Muscat

Khawr Fakkan

Khasab

Abu Dubai

This cruise is not showing on the English lanuage version of Costa Cruise and there are no cruises to Dubai or Abu Dhabi commencing in November showing either.

I wonder what is going on ?

Used cruise.com to access cruise itinerary. Costa still haven't update their website. Already booked the new itinerary.

I just checked the Italian website. Nothing.

It is past 1 AM my time. Going to sleep. So excited, will check your site in the AM.

Thanks,

Ursula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do wonder what is going on. Those that booked this cruise in America seem to have had their deposits refunded. Plus a new cruise has appeared on the Costa USA website website very similar to the original cruise. Here in Europe we have been told nothing and have had no refunds. The cruise to which this thread relates has been removed from the English language version of the Euorpean Costa website and has also been removed from their main Italian Website.

The altered cruise that now appears on the Costa USA website does not appear on any other Costa website.

What away to treat your clients ? Most will have holiday time to book at their work, flights to arrange, hotels to book, etc etc yet nothing from Costa.

Edited by BalkanCruiser

I really do wonder what is going on. Those that booked this cruise in America seem to have had their deposits refunded. Plus a new cruise has appeared on the Costa USA website website very similar to the original cruise. Here in Europe we have been told nothing and have had no refunds. The cruise to which this thread relates has been removed from the English language version of the Euorpean Costa website and has also been removed from their main Italian Website.

The altered cruise that now appears on the Costa USA website does not appear on any other Costa website.

What away to treat your clients ? Most will have holiday time to book at their work, flights to arrange, hotels to book, etc etc yet nothing from Costa.

The NEW cruise is now up on the English language version of the European Costa Website. Still no contact from Costa though about our original booking, cancellation, new cruise, etc.

We have at last had an Email from Costa yesterday explaining that this cruise had been cancelled and a new cruise lasting three extra nights and slightly different ports of call had replaced it. We were offered the choice of switching to the new cruise at the same cost as the cancelled cruise or having our deposit refunded.

We have chosen to switch to the new cruise. Hopefully no more issues with this cruise.

We have at last had an Email from Costa yesterday explaining that this cruise had been cancelled and a new cruise lasting three extra nights and slightly different ports of call had replaced it. We were offered the choice of switching to the new cruise at the same cost as the cancelled cruise or having our deposit refunded.

We have chosen to switch to the new cruise. Hopefully no more issues with this cruise.

Right decision to switich.

Don't forgetany questions - just ask.

Fortunate for you Costa honored the same price for the longer cruise. I imagine we'll have an uphill battle on that one since they refunded the deposit with not any word from anyone. Not even to the travel agent.

As mentioned before, we expect to rebook this cruise. Now it leaves just enough time for you to visit the Pyramids. My main interest is still Petra. Although I would not want to miss any of the ports.

Ursula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk