Tea and coffee

tiggywig123

You can get free tea and coffee at the buffet. No idea what the coffee is like as I always have the AI package so get an espresso or cappuccino from a bar when I want coffee. There is a reasonable selection of tea bags.

Thank you for your quick response. I think we are leaning more towards the AI package. If you go for this option, do you have to choose to do AI for every day of your stay, or could you choose each day whether you want AI or not? Say, in the morning you make that decision.

The AI has to be purchased for every day of the cruise. And by all members of your cabin. It is a great deal. I am not by any means a big drinker but it saved us $ in just coffee, soft drink and a glass of wine with dinner alone. The cocktails, night caps etc were a bonus!

The AI has to be purchased for every day of the cruise. And by all members of your cabin. It is a great deal. I am not by any means a big drinker but it saved us $ in just coffee, soft drink and a glass of wine with dinner alone. The cocktails, night caps etc were a bonus!

Thanks so much, that's really helpful :)

I frequently had used up the daily charge by lunch time. Cappuccino and fresh OJ at breakfast, coke or mocktail at the pool, glass of wine Nd mineral water at lunch.....also loved a wee (well not that wee really) glass of fizz. Enforce dinner.

AmoMondo - I have just come off MSC Armonia. Prosecco now only on premium package. You can get a sparkling wine now - not so good!! Really missed the fresh orange but at least MSC still give you bottles of water and cans of soda.

Caryl

AmoMondo - I have just come off MSC Armonia. Prosecco now only on premium package. You can get a sparkling wine now - not so good!! Really missed the fresh orange but at least MSC still give you bottles of water and cans of soda.

Caryl

They both have put up their prices and cut back on what you can get. MSC have also limited the juice bar/vitamin drinks to their premium package I've heard. I agree I like MSc's better as they still give out both small and big bottles of water unlike Costa.

Guess we were all making too good use of the great deal, so they both had to change it. Maybe my liver will be grateful!

I emailed Costa about the Tea & Coffee as I heard that it only available at limited times.

They advised it is only available when the buffet is open which is breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. I pushed on it and they advised the buffet is not open in the evenings, A La Carte only and you cannot ask for free water with your meals.

On this basis we decided to buy the AI drinks package for the first time ever (as my partner does not drink) as due to the port a day trip we may not be even there when these drinks are served...

One tip to make it cheaper is I purchased with my credit card online (Costa Website) pre cruise, the money got taken straightaway (which I was happy about) and it worked out based on 25 euros a day about £19.50 a day including Credit Card charges. Which was £1.20 cheaper per day then what my tour operator that I booked with wanted.