Oasis TA 10/15/14 Questions!

I have a hold on this TA on Oasis and I am SO EXCITED! But I have a couple questions about TA's.

First of all, I have cabin 14600 on hold. Tell me about this cabin - good or bad?

On TA's do you find eastbound or westbound better?

Also, I was playing around with airfares and about fell off my chair! What do you do for airfares on these TA cruises and what about can I expect to pay?????? The airfare would be from DFW to Heathrow and then from Miami back to DFW?

Thanks for any help on the above questions!

I have a hold on this TA on Oasis and I am SO EXCITED! But I have a couple questions about TA's.

First of all, I have cabin 14600 on hold. Tell me about this cabin - good or bad?

Also, I was playing around with airfares and about fell off my chair! What do you do for airfares on these TA cruises and what about can I expect to pay?????? The airfare would be from DFW to Heathrow and then from Miami back to DFW?

We like westbounds better, you gain hours coming home instead of losing hours going east. Check Choice air for airfare, almost always cheaper

Chris

We like westbounds better, you gain hours coming home instead of losing hours going east. Check Choice air for airfare, almost always cheaper

Chris

My sisters and I prefer Westbounds also (although one sister is on an Eastbound as we speak).

Cruising Westbound means you're flying Eastbound. We leave later in the day and fly all night. If your seat is in a tight spot, you can sleep all night and it's not so bad.

But, cruising Eastbound means you're flying West. We usually have a morning flight. You've slept all night on the ship and are wide awake. They keep feeding you all these meals, then you have to squeeze between people to get out to go to the restroom.

You don't always have a choice depending on vacation time and other factors. All cruises are good.

Keep checking for flights. You have a long time before the Oasis TA. We have looked at $1200 flights and thought things were hopeless. All of a sudden there will be a sale and we will find a one way flight for $500 or $600.

I'm jealous. How great is that to have a ship with so much with that many sea days!! Hope you can do it!

We are booked on the same cruise and are soooo excited about it! We love Westbound TA's because we get the long flight over with at the beginning of the trip and enjoy the leisurely cruise back gaining hours as we go. Lots of 25 hr days!

We almost always use Choice Air for one way airfare--it is very reasonable. We are flying to Barcelona this November for a Westbound TA on Serenade and it was only $400 pp. We have to fly back to FL from New Orleans at the end and that ticket was only $120 pp.

We have not stayed in 14600 but have stayed in 11298, the exact same cabin on the other side of the ship on the 11th deck. The huge balcony on the hump was so nice; we really enjoyed it. It is closer to the forward elevators than the aft, which puts you closer to the theater but farther away from the Main Dining Room.

I hope you are as excited about this cruise as we are!

I also just booked my first TA. I chose the westbound. As stated I like the idea of getting my flight over with rights way. Plus I live in ft lauderdale. So it's like the ship will be dropping me off. I checked into airfare and one way doesn't seem too bad. I haven't used choice air but am for sure going to call and get quotes.

I also just booked my first TA. I chose the westbound. As stated I like the idea of getting my flight over with rights way. Plus I live in ft lauderdale. So it's like the ship will be dropping me off. I checked into airfare and one way doesn't seem too bad. I haven't used choice air but am for sure going to call and get quotes.

I don't think you will find a air until 330 days before the cruise.:eek:

Yes, do check with Choice Air. And when you are 330 days (or more) out, you can get a Choice Air quote online, no need to call. I got a quote for around $650 for OKC to London, and Florida back to OKC. This was also choosing my airline. Probably cheaper if you don't care which carrier.

Yes, do check with Choice Air. And when you are 330 days (or more) out, you can get a Choice Air quote online, no need to call. I got a quote for around $650 for OKC to London, and Florida back to OKC. This was also choosing my airline. Probably cheaper if you don't care which carrier.

Who do I email for the quote?

• 4 weeks later...
We are booked on the same cruise and are soooo excited about it! We love Westbound TA's because we get the long flight over with at the beginning of the trip and enjoy the leisurely cruise back gaining hours as we go. Lots of 25 hr days!

We almost always use Choice Air for one way airfare--it is very reasonable. We are flying to Barcelona this November for a Westbound TA on Serenade and it was only $400 pp. We have to fly back to FL from New Orleans at the end and that ticket was only $120 pp.

We have not stayed in 14600 but have stayed in 11298, the exact same cabin on the other side of the ship on the 11th deck. The huge balcony on the hump was so nice; we really enjoyed it. It is closer to the forward elevators than the aft, which puts you closer to the theater but farther away from the Main Dining Room.

I hope you are as excited about this cruise as we are!

We are staying in #11298 on Oasis this September,,, I've looked everywhere to try and figure out if the bed is by the closet or the balcony. Would you be able to tell me? :)

Thanks so much!

WE have sailed on both Oasis and Allure and stayed in a D1 stateroom. On our first sailing, we were in cabin 12594. On the Allure sailing we were in 12598 and my parents were next door in 12600 (same cabin as you but one deck down). We experienced no noise from the pool deck on deck 15 and the balcony was a very good size. Your cabin 14600 will have the bed by the balcony and the sofa by the closet. My only concern would be that you may experience noise from the pool deck above. I have not stayed on deck 14 so cannot comment.

Archived