Hampton Inn Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon Safe for parking car?

CT2000

Looking at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon

777 NW 57th Ave. Is this hotel safe & clean? We are looking at parking car there while on cruise for the week?

I checked tripadvisor has good reviews. Anyone stayed here & left car?

Thanks.

The Blue Lagoon area hotels are very popular with parkers. Certainly a nicer area than some other "airport" hotels. And you can read enough complaints for the cheap out of the way lots.

No one can tell you 100% that your car is protected everyday you are gone. But if you don't want to park right at the port, then the area you chose is certainly better than others.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and can tell you from what I saw it was relatively safe place to stay. There's a grocery store across the street along with a few places to eat (I highly recommend the Cuban restaurant!) :) As far as parking goes it was very secure, they have a parking garage that you can only have access to with your room key to gain entry. I left my car here for 7 days and everything was perfectly fine when I got back. I'll definitely stay here again during my next trip!, But I'll upload some photos so you can see for yourself. :)

bca3a7a9-4581-426e-8a2e-40f7c9664009_zps9092685b.jpg

ad218573-3aea-4628-8f1e-eb9bd03bc2a3_zps9f2b5b69.jpg

eb1787c8-51e6-4af2-94c8-be63dd89ddb4_zps6a0d3625.jpg

71f6a110-bcd6-4352-bd56-08a5281f8e43_zpsec535dad.jpg

When we checked in the lady asked us how long we would need to park. You may want to call them and check. It could be you can park there for the 14 days with no additional fee as long as that's the length of your cruise.

Do they pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to the port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do offer shuttle service to/from the MIA airport, but I think to POM you are looking at a commercial shuttle for $10-12 per person or about a $27-30 cab ride.

Do they pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to the port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do offer it to and from the airport but I didn't use it so I can't comment. We did use the shuttle to the port which left just a few minutes after 11, that was the earliest one they had. It was $20 for the two of us to take the shuttle to the port, but I can't say about coming back. They do give you the number to call when you get back from your cruise so they can pick you up, but we ended up docking at another terminal. It was less hassle to just grab a cab back to the hotel which ended up being $25.