Sleeping in different rooms

Prinycesa07

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to do a quick search but baby is about to wake up so don't have too much time...

We're a cruising family but now that we had a new baby we are a family of 5. We're ready to book our first cruise as a family of 5. My parents are coming as well. We are thinking of booking my oldest in their room as it's quite a bit cheaper that route. She says she will sleep in their room but if she's over tired I can see her whining and wanting to come back to our room. Will this be a problem with the room stewards? I know most rooms are not set up for 5 people so I don't want to get in trouble if she wouldn't be allowed to sleep in there. Do they care where people sleep once on the ship even if it goes over the room capacity? Or am I overthinking this? Thanks all!

No, you will be fine as long as you don't expect them to bring an extra bed (not crib) into the room.

As far as I know, no one on this board has even reported a problem with letting teenage children stay together in one cabin while the parents stay nearby.

Edited by kitkat343

I'd just suggest making sure you take the life vest for her to your room if that's where she ends up sleeping. I figure it'll be like the umbrella that you carry around and never end up using, but if something happens, you'll be glad you have it.

I'd just suggest making sure you take the life vest for her to your room if that's where she ends up sleeping. I figure it'll be like the umbrella that you carry around and never end up using, but if something happens, you'll be glad you have it.

Omg I was going to mention this but thought people might think I was nuts! Yes, I will! Thank you 😊

Some Cruise Lines have family cabins - must call to book - can't use online site-

These vary from one large cabin with a separate "room" for the kids to 2 cabins that are connected (not just adjoining cabins)

You may want to look at that as well