Tahiti- Shore Excursion Question

Scottsdale Guys

Firstly, thanks to all the members who have posted after returning from their Tahiti cruise!!!

We are departing to Tahiti in about a month. I pre-booked three shore excursions through Windstar about a month ago. Today I signed on to 'My Windstar' to review what I had booked and one of the shore excursions that I paid for is no longer on my list.

The 'Bora Bora, Snorkel Safari & Stingray Adventure' is no longer listed in the shore excursion offerings for either day we are on the island.

This excursion was positively reviewed by a few members.

Does anyone know what might have happened?

Firstly, thanks to all the members who have posted after returning from their Tahiti cruise!!!

We are departing to Tahiti in about a month. I pre-booked three shore excursions through Windstar about a month ago. Today I signed on to 'My Windstar' to review what I had booked and one of the shore excursions that I paid for is no longer on my list.

The 'Bora Bora, Snorkel Safari & Stingray Adventure' is no longer listed in the shore excursion offerings for either day we are on the island.

This excursion was positively reviewed by a few members.

Does anyone know what might have happened?

I can not imagine why that trip is not offered any more it was really great. I would call Windstar. Have a great trip. Susanne

We have done that tour twice...In 2006 on the Tahitian Princess and again in 2011 on the Paul Gauguin. It was fabulous both times. If Windstar doesn't offer it you can book it independently...check out the PG forums. Someone there usually has info. on it. Also on Bora Bora there are lots of cabs waiting at the dock that offer island tours. It does not take very long to circle the island.

I did call Windstar to pose the question of what happened to the shore excursion.

I was told, 'they are updating the web site' and was sent a copy of my invoice showing I paid for the excursion.

As I repeated to the agent, " I know I paid for it" she became more adamant that the shore excursion will happen even though it is not listed online or in my online folio.

The agent wanted to get me off the phone as quickly as possible.

Their new website is problematic, the old one was more user friendly. I have written Windstar on a few occasions about the telephone service uninformed and not always prompt in the return calls/emails the absolute opposite of what happens on bord the ships, for that in my opinion is flawless, I have sailed with them 14 times. You will have a terrific cruise, we loved it. Susanne