Nafplion Car Rental recommendations?

Vineyard View

Thank you Maryann - I have tried most of these websites. It looks like it should be easy! I will keep researching and maybe one of these will come through.

Most seem to have their rentals in Athens even thought hey populate on this search.

I checked with tour companies as well - KEYTOURS quoted me 700eu for 1/2 day!!! This may be one of the few ports that we take the ship excursion.

I think one of the problems (as you found out with my other recommendations) is that a lot of the guides/tour providers are based in Athens. So if they are willing to arrange to pick you up in Navplio, they probably charge a considerable amount extra for the mileage to/from Athens.

Good luck; if you do find a good solution, please come back and post it!

I believe that you are absolutely right in that assessment. I spent considerable time on this port and it appears that if we want to see the ruins then this one place where the ship excursion wins out! I booked one last night and it will work out just fine. Thanks for all your help!

Just finished our port of call in Nafplio today. Ended up walking down the road once we got off our tender. Found the only open car rental agency. It was Bounos Rent A Car. Paid 60 euro for the day. It was a brand new car with a/c and power windows. 4 of us fit in it comfortably. Drove out to Ancient Mycenae and Corith and passed by the canal.

Their website is Bounos-carrental dot com.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums