Prices at Mystic Mountain

bender031177

• 2 weeks later...
Just there last week. Loved the bobsled!!!! Swam at the pool and enjoyed the quiet skylift up and down. Our best day on Jamaica yet and we've been there 4 times.

I have heard that you can do the bobsled more than once for an additional fee. I can't find that fee anywhere....do you know what the cost is? We are scheduled through Carnival to do one ride but imagine we are going to love it and are hoping second and third rides may be at a reduced rate.

• 5 weeks later...
Just there last week. Loved the bobsled!!!! Swam at the pool and enjoyed the quiet skylift up and down. Our best day on Jamaica yet and we've been there 4 times.

Did you take the ship tour to Mystic Mountain or a tour guide on your own?

MM says on their website you have to book thru the cruise ship, do you????

The reason i'm asking is we are 6 people some want to bob sled, some zip and some just to walk around? What would be the best way for us to do this any sugestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Did you take the ship tour to Mystic Mountain or a tour guide on your own?

MM says on their website you have to book thru the cruise ship, do you????

The reason i'm asking is we are 6 people some want to bob sled, some zip and some just to walk around? What would be the best way for us to do this any sugestions?

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. :D We just got a taxi at the pier & went to MM on our own--no ship tour or tour guide. You can walk up & buy tickets at the entrance. They have no way to know whether or not you came on a cruise ship. ;)

Different people buying different ticket types shouldn't be an issue. I feel sure you know this, but just in case... Everyone must at least buy the ticket for the sky lift. There's not really anything to do/see at the foot of MM.

Hope that helps. And I hope all of you have a wonderful time! I loved it!!

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. :D !!

Thnaks for your answer ms flo!

We did end up going thru the ship, CCL.

For anyone going I recomend finding out how many ships are in port that day. We had 5 of the largest in and it was nuts!

It was over an hour wait for bobsledding to do the 2 minute ride. Great ride, but i wish they spread the tours out more. We did video it and when i get it uploaded I'll post link

Thnaks for your answer ms flo!

We did end up going thru the ship, CCL.

Wish I would have answered sooner... :o Sorry you didn't get the info you wanted in time for your cruise. :(

For anyone going I recomend finding out how many ships are in port that day. We had 5 of the largest in and it was nuts!

It was over an hour wait for bobsledding to do the 2 minute ride.

:eek: Sorry to hear that!

If anyone is going on a busy port day, try going to MM in the morning. We were told that most people go to DRF first and then to MM in the afternoon. It might not make a difference, but doing the opposite might help you avoid some of the crowd. ...I would still want to eat lunch at MM though! Fantastic view from the restaurant :cool: and LARGE portions (1 meal would have been enough for both of us) at decent prices!

Does anyone know the price of the zip lining??

Would love to do this. We are going with some

people who just want to go up the Mountain and

eat lunch and take in the view but my Mom and I would

love to Zip line.

Any help would be appreciated.

As stated in post #2 at the beginning of this thread:

There are 4 different ticket options with a price range of about $50 to $150.

Try this website: http://www.rainforestadventure.com/tickets/?catID=124

Each person in the group can chose which ticket option he/she wants to purchase.

Edited by Ms_Flo

Do you know the cost of each indiv. thing at the base of the mountain?

sky explorer----- zip line-------- bobsled?

Do you know if the zip lining takes groups at certain times only?

Do you know how much time it takes to do the zip lining portion?

Just wondering if I just get my own way there if it might be a llittle cheaper to buy from the mountain directly?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know the cost of each indiv. thing at the base of the mountain?

sky explorer----- zip line-------- bobsled?

You can't do the zip line or the bobsled without going on the sky explorer, so there aren't separate prices for those activities. When we were there, the ticket booth at the entrance to MM only offered those activities as a part of a "package", and the prices changed depending on how many of the activities you purchased. Prices for all four possible combinations of activities are listed on the website referenced above. It should give you the most up-to-date pricing information.

Do you know if the zip lining takes groups at certain times only?
When we were there, it looked like they just went whenever there was a group of about 10 people "suited up" & ready to go. I didn't get the impression that there are very many things in Jamaica that happen at specific times. :D

Do you know how much time it takes to do the zip lining portion?
We were there on a day that was not at all crowded, so our times might be much less than on busy days. It took us somewhere between 30 minutes & an hour to put on the equipment & complete the course. (I'm guessing based on picture time stamps.) It took an additional 10 minutes on the lift to get down to the main entrance. (The zip line doesn't go all the way down MM.) If you want to go back to the top, the ride back up will take another 15 minutes or so. If you're in a time crunch, do the zip line last so you can leave when you're finished. They can send your belongings down to the final zip line platform, so you don't have to make the sky lift circuit again.

Just wondering if I just get my own way there if it might be a llittle cheaper to buy from the mountain directly?
Maybe--it was for us when we were on NCL (MM & DRF together), but it sounds like Carnival's excursions are less expensive than going on your own.