Travel insurance

beshears

OK, one of these days I will want to be checking out a "different" insurance. Up to this point, I have always used Travel Guard.

If you have used either, Insuremytrip, or Tripinsurancestore, (I have heard they are both good sights to go through), can you give me your opinion of either of these companies?

I have used trip insurance store many times, and I am a VERY satisfied client. I have had to file a claim once, I was paid back, after filling out some paper work.

I almost exclusively purchase Travel Insured Intl., the price has been favorable, plus I like the fact that you can "pay as you go" with policies I have purchased.

OK, one of these days I will want to be checking out a "different" insurance. Up to this point, I have always used Travel Guard.

If you have used either, Insuremytrip, or Tripinsurancestore, (I have heard they are both good sights to go through), can you give me your opinion of either of these companies?

I haven't used either, but chatted via email with a girl from the Trip Insurance Store. She was very helpful, answered all my questions and then some. :)

I have used trip insurance store many times, and I am a VERY satisfied client. I have had to file a claim once, I was paid back, after filling out some paper work.

I almost exclusively purchase Travel Insured Intl., the price has been favorable, plus I like the fact that you can "pay as you go" with policies I have purchased.

This ^^^ almost exactly.

We can't speak too highly of http://www.TripInsuranceStore.com - they are wonderful to work with.

The "pay as you go" is terrific. We just insure the initial deposit, which is often quite small, and then add additional costs, often quite a bit later.

We need waiver of pre-existing condition exclusion, so we must start the insurance within 21 days of that first deposit.

(The coverage can be tranferred once to a different trip, if plans change completely.)

• 8 months later...

I was set for a San Diego -Mexico cruise on the Westerdam. I purchased a trip insurance policy from Allianz through my travel agent. The Allianz policy available through her appeared to be broader in coverages than what I could find on the Allianz web site. It also did not have a pre-existing condition exclusion. As (bad) luck would have it, the day before the cruise I had a flare up of a pre-existing condition and cancelled. I filed a claim with Allianz and received a check for the fill amount of my loss about 10 days later. Timing is tricky with all the policies that waive pre-existing conditions. You may be able to buy the policy, but not early enough to get the pre-existing condition waiver.

We have purchased travel insurance for about ten years and used it for significant issues twice. One time my SO had a major medical issue and we had to cancel the trip. I received a refund before he was even home from the hospital. The second time he had a bad fall in China. We had to give a credit card to pay the hospital initially, but the travel insurance reimbursed us with no issues. Depending on whether the insurance is primary or secondary they will work with your medicare supplement or other health insurance company. It's critical to have travel insurance if you are on medicare as they do not cover you outside the US. I know F plan supplementary does, but some of the others don't.

Just got off the phone with Steve from trip insurancestore.com I am also a repeat customer. While I hope I don't need to use the coverage, I always feel more at ease having it. A few years back, we did need to make a claim, and although it did take a while to get reimbursed, we did receive payment.