Villefranche to Mt Boron

TMaine

All those paths are marked on the first map I referred you to. Look for the dotted lines... https://www.cirkwi.com/fr/circuit/71...ys-cotier-n-54

The second map has the three hikes possible from Villefranche. Click on the left under LITTORAL for

Mont Boron, Mont Alban and Cap Ferrat.

https://randoxygene.departement06.fr/littoral/tour-du-mont-boron-9340.html

If you connect the dots yourself, you can do any of those hikes.

• 2 weeks later...
Great you posted these links here, I was looking for some hiking paths:D

My favorite of those hikes is Cap Ferrat. You can always cut it short when you get to the town (St. Jean) and have lunch there by the port. Lots of good choices. Just look at the daily special on the boards and pick the one you like best. They are all good.

Cap Ferrat is all sea level. The other two involve a good climb. Any of those hikes will be a good couple of hours. That may be too much for your schedule and other sightseeing.

Edited by marazul

We are ready for a good climb:') Thank you, i'll check it out!

There are climbs and there are climbs. Cap Ferrat itself has hills in the center, but Mont Boron and Mont Alban are "real" climbs! Also, the path around Cap Ferrat is sea level, but it is not flat, it does go up and down around the rocky shore. You will be able to walk right behind some spectacular houses and the views are superb. It will be a good work out. You will also have a nice breeze all the time. Going inland not so much.

Monte Carlo to Villefranche; bus to the Villa for a tour; into St Jean and then a walk around Cap Ferrat.

Late lunch either there or back in Villefranche.

Tranquility - just a thought on your plans. Depending on the time of day, after visiting the Villa Ephrussi, you might want to hike around the cap from the Chemin de Passable (West side of the cap) around to St Jean and then have lunch there. Then, instead of returning to Villefranche, go to Beaulieu to take the train back from there. It will be a lot shorter.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cap+Ferrat/@43.6914218,7.3302109,16.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x12cddb0ca570653b:0xa588030eb8af7bd1!8m2!3d43.675938!4d7.329333?hl=en

Also, if you are taking the bus from Montecarlo to Villefranche, get out at the stop closest to the Villa Ephrussi, you don't have to go all the way to Villefranche and then hike back. That will give you a lot more time for lunch and relaxing a bit. And, if taking the bus, you can catch it back in Beaulieu. The walk between Villefranche and the Cap would be the least interesting portion of your day.

Edited by marazul

Marazul,

Most kind of you to come back with those suggestions.

Yes, already planned to get off the bus closest to the Villa.

I had also thought about walk first if we got there early because, as you know, the Villa doesn't open till 10.

Will most certainly add a return via Beaulieu into the options. Sounds smart.

I have mentioned this plan on our roll call and have a few others also interested.

There is now different options so that once there people can do their own thing if they wish, or we can all stick together.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...