Red Onion Saloon with a 12 year old in our party?

Dizzneefan

A group of 11 will be visiting in June and after our Bennet Scenic tour with Chilkoot, will spend some time in the town. I want to visit the Red Onion Saloon and thought about the tour with a "madame" but we will have a 1a or 12 year old neice in our group (not sure of her age). I know it's not going to be X-rated or anything like this, but for those who have taken the tour, what do you think?

It probably won't be any issue for a 12 year old. It is "humorously" presented, but no question what the activities were. It's a short walk through, can be about 15 minutes.

With a large group, it would be simple to split up.

Same with Dolly's House, in Ketchikan. A very well run, walk through.

Hmm... http://redonion1898.com/brothel-museum-tours/

• at what age do you start the stories of the birds and bee's? In some schools that happens around 12yrs. I think the lip service is OK. Some of it might go over his head.
  • if it's really naughty.... YouTube might have censored it. But yes the videos are are good indication of what goes on.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=red+onion+saloon+tour+skagway
    • there's some nude paintings on the wall
    • would visiting the women's clothing section of Walmart upset him?

[*]don't forget bring a camera! He can bring back some historic pictures for his friends.

[*]there's also a souvenior calendar for sale.

[*]don't forget your cootie protection!

I general, I think it would be OK. But I understand if some want to wait for 14 or 18.

It's perfectly fine for a 10 year old. The tour is more funny, than anything else, but if doubt, split into two groups and let her stay downstairs and laugh at the craziness the whole time. Heck, she won't appreciate upstairs anyway.

A group of 11 will be visiting in June and after our Bennet Scenic tour with Chilkoot, will spend some time in the town. I want to visit the Red Onion Saloon and thought about the tour with a "madame" but we will have a 1a or 12 year old neice in our group (not sure of her age). I know it's not going to be X-rated or anything like this, but for those who have taken the tour, what do you think?

view some youtube video for Red Dog Saloon.

Hard to know what some folks might consider offensive or inappropriate.

Red Dog is in Juneau, Red Onion is in Skagway.