Mykonos Town + Delos

janiss815

Hi, we will be in Mykonos from 7am to 4pm. I'm thinking of doing Delos and Mykonos town (windmills and little Italy) based on the information I read here and people's recommendations. But what isn't clear to me is how do we get to Delos and how much time should I allocate here versus Mykonos town. Is Delos easy to tour on our own - all walkable? Appreciate any advice!!

Thanks!

I was going to do Delos on my own but changed to a ship tour when the ship changed to a tender and was arriving later than originally planned. You can probably do Delos on your own unless the boats that go there sell out with ship tours. I should have still done it myself. Go early since no shade. The schedule is online for the boats which are the same ones the cruise ships use. They are six days a week. Mykinos and Delos are easy to do on the same day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We took the ship excursion to Delos (which was amazing) and still had lots of time walk around Mykonos. Given the potential of a ferry breakdown or delay you would be better off booking with your cruise line.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you moviefan and tomko for you replies. I'm still debating but have been reading up on it...looks like first ferry is at 9am...I hope to catch that one and be back to Mykonos by 12. There are 6 of us and the cruise excursion just seems to cost so much.

Thank you ROCruiser!! Your pictures and commentary really helped...that's EXACTLY want we want to do in Mykonos. What time did you go back to your ship? We tendered 7am - 4pm...want to make sure we will have enough time to do what you did.

I am pretty sure we went back some time between 2 and 3pm. Glad the pictures were helpful. We are not shoppers, after wandering around and taking pictures we sat at the waterfront for a little while and then went back to the ship. We had more than enough time to see what we wanted.

Delos is amazing. We booked with the cruise and the rest of our group were going to do it on their own. Well, we were the only ones to go as the local transportation was not running that day. So, you might want to consider booking with the ship. Also, take some bug repellant with you - there are lots of moquitos. Have fun!

We did the ship tour to Delos. The price included the ferry ride, entrance fee and a two hour tour of the site and museum with a guide. It was well worth it.

This is a very significant ruin and the ancient history of the place is fancinating.

No one lives on island except for the cats. They have a small giflt shop and two good bathrooms, one by the dock and the other at the museum. Absolutely no shade.

We got back to Mykonos by 1:00pm and had a great luch and itme to get lost in all the winding streets exploring al the shops.

It wasa great day.