FTTF Embarkation Question

fab402016

Hi,

Leaving on the Magic October 8th. I was lucky enough to snag FTTF. My question is on my order for FTTF it lists the time for October 8th as 11 am to 12 pm. However, on my boarding pass it printed off it listed my embarkation time at 12:30- 3pm.

So, what time can we board? As early as 11 am? Or do we have to wait until 12:30?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Leaving on the Magic October 8th. I was lucky enough to snag FTTF. My question is on my order for FTTF it lists the time for October 8th as 11 am to 12 pm. However, on my boarding pass it printed off it listed my embarkation time at 12:30- 3pm.

So, what time can we board? As early as 11 am? Or do we have to wait until 12:30?

Thanks!!

Hi there

The main point is that you can't board until the ship is ready for boarding. That means that everybody from the previous cruise needs to have disembarked.

There can be delays for the ship returning as well as people taking their time getting off. Not being allowed to board before 11:30-12:00 is not unusual.

What your FTTF allows you to do is "check in" as soon as you arrive at the port. So you can get there at 10:30 for instance, you will be allowed into the terminal building go through the check in process and then wait till boarding starts. You will be among the first few groups allowed to board. If you do not have the FTTF you would not be allowed into the terminal building to check in until your selected "check in time".

Unless you can't adjust your arrival time there is no real benefit to arriving at the terminal building before boarding is allowed whether you have FTTF or not, you will have to wait.

If you are looking for more input on this subject as well as others, there is a "search" function at the top of the Carnival page of threads. This is a common question (asked at least every week), so you would be able to find hundreds threads dealing with only this question.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Hi,

Thanks!!

You can get there whenever you want to. Boarding might not have started, if that is the case, you will board right after Platinum, Diamond, and Suite guests. If boarding has started, you can walk straight on the ship.

Hi,

Thanks!!

The 11am - 12 pm time slot that you see listed for FTTF is because it is an excursion and they have to put some sort of time on it. With FTTF, arrive at the port whenever you wish to check in. FTTF boards after weddings, Platinum, and Diamond.

Have fun!

Hi there

The main point is that you can't board until the ship is ready for boarding. That means that everybody from the previous cruise needs to have disembarked.

There can be delays for the ship returning as well as people taking their time getting off. Not being allowed to board before 11:30-12:00 is not unusual.

What your FTTF allows you to do is "check in" as soon as you arrive at the port. So you can get there at 10:30 for instance, you will be allowed into the terminal building go through the check in process and then wait till boarding starts. You will be among the first few groups allowed to board. If you do not have the FTTF you would not be allowed into the terminal building to check in until your selected "check in time".

Unless you can't adjust your arrival time there is no real benefit to arriving at the terminal building before boarding is allowed whether you have FTTF or not, you will have to wait.

If you are looking for more input on this subject as well as others, there is a "search" function at the top of the Carnival page of threads. This is a common question (asked at least every week), so you would be able to find hundreds threads dealing with only this question.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Wow, Ok, I have been feverishly watching the online check-in on my booking waiting for it to pop up so I can select a check-in time, hoping for the earliest possible option. I was told that if you show up prior to your selected check-in time you will be turned away.

But I have also purchased FTTF. Does that mean, no matter what, we can check in as early as 10:30?

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

Thanks!!

Board whenever you like.

Since Port Canaveral doesn't have staggered check-in, anyone can check-in anytime they arrive anyway.

Hi,

Thanks!!

If you are there at 11am, yes you can board.

Thanks for the advice! This is my familys first Carnival cruise! :)

We had FTTF, arrived about 10:30 am, was in our stateroom 12:30 pm. Luggage was there. 1st time that had happened. Usually luggage was not much earlier than others. We always find FTTF, totally worth it. The ship arrived a little later than usual that day as we are usually in our room earlier. Enjoy your cruise!:)