Parking Galveston

dhaza

We have received several emails about parking and free shuttles to and from parking. We would prefer not to have to use a shuttle. In Houston there was parking right across from the terminal and it was so nice just walk outside the terminal and getting in the car. My question is there parking across from the terminal in Galveston that is just a short walk? I do have a handicap sticker for back surgery that's will valid for the cruise but don't like using it unless I really need it. I should be 80% recovered but trying to make getting on and off the ship as easy as possible with the least amount of stress and time standing. I know I can request a wheel chair but prefer not to and the FTTF is sold out.

Agree with the above for Galveston Park N Cruise. It is literally right across the street from the terminal building. Its $46 uncovered for the 5 night cruises. Book ahead, they do fill up.

Last cruise I went and dropped DW and the luggage off, the hardest part was getting out of the lot then turning around and coming back to the parking which you enter through an alley. I was met by staff who had my name and vehicle info on a clip board and they directed me to our spot. It is closest parking I know of. You could nearly throw a baseball from the parking and hit the terminal building. For our next cruise in Jan we'll probably just drive straight to the parking and walk our luggage across the street.

I could literally see our car from our balcony while the ship was in port. Upon arrival back in port it was an easy stroll back to the car, no shuttles, no more waiting, just get in and go. Highly recommended.

Agree with the above for Galveston Park N Cruise. It is literally right across the street from the terminal building. Its $46 uncovered for the 5 night cruises. Book ahead, they do fill up.

Last cruise I went and dropped DW and the luggage off, the hardest part was getting out of the lot then turning around and coming back to the parking which you enter through an alley. I was met by staff who had my name and vehicle info on a clip board and they directed me to our spot. It is closest parking I know of. You could nearly throw a baseball from the parking and hit the terminal building. For our next cruise in Jan we'll probably just drive straight to the parking and walk our luggage across the street.

I could literally see our car from our balcony while the ship was in port. Upon arrival back in port it was an easy stroll back to the car, no shuttles, no more waiting, just get in and go. Highly recommended.

Unless they have since painted it, our car was right behind the highly visible pink wall!

I too prefer Galveston Parkncruise, easy walk to the terminal, official port parking will likely be farther away as it stretches out for several blocks. Good luck with your back, and try to enjoy your cruise, I broke my back at the end of Sept 2010, and still had a full turtle shell back brace on for our cruise in Jan of 2011. We were sailing on Carnival and boarding was delayed, but the check in person insisted on giving me an express handicap boarding waiting group number (maybe due to the fact I had also brought my walking cane, which I really did not need at that point, but brought on the cruise just in case), something I appreciated after sitting in those uncomfortable waiting area chairs for an hour.

There is another parking building that is right at the corner where you cross to go to the terminal. We used it once but it has changed owners since then. They only have indoor parking. It is Galveston VIP Parking. We have used Park & Cruise but since I have some mobility issues Galveston VIP is a little closer. We are using them in April for our cruise.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide.