Margaritaville Falmouth pool question

kayehall

Is the pool salt water or fresh water? TY

Why does it matter? I doubt it is salt water but it really only makes a difference to those maintaining the pool. It is a small pool. Not large like the one in Grand Turk. You would probably get the answer by contacting them. I never noticed a difference when I use a salt water pool on a ship. Here is a picture I took last December.

926713dc0da23b62adfc01c86c568360.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I do not like salt water pools. So if it is salt water, I will not bother taking bathing suit, towels, sunscreen, etc off the ship.

The difference between salt water pools and non salt water pools is that in salt water pools the chlorine is created by the desalinization, and in non-salt water pools chemicals are added to chlorinate the pools. It is simply two different ways to sanitize the water. If a difference can be felt it would be that a salt water pool will feel better because some people get irritated by the harsh chemicals added to a chlorinated pool. The water in a salt water pool is not like ocean water. Salt water pool is describing a sanitation method.

I did indeed! Swam for over an hour. Highly recommended.

I guess you went in the water. Then you can tell that a pool is chlorinated with chemicals which would make it fresh water. I didn't go in the water, just took pictures, had a burger a beer. And used the free WiFi.

Going in February. From the picture it looks like no crowd at all. Does Margaritaville in Falmouth get really crowded? Have visions of the ship emptying right into this place.

Margaritaville is toward the back of the port area so the ship does not empty into it. It is not front and center. Not like the one at Grand Turk. And there is plenty of other shops and restaurants. The pool was added later and I don't think it is well known so that might be why it is was crowded. Also you can't see the pool from the outside of Margaritaville. I have been there twice since the pool was finished and what you see in the picture was the same both times.

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a cover charge to enter, to use the pool and lounges? We have an excursion booked, however my daughter and I thought we might come here for a drink/bite to eat and to hang by the pool for a bit after we were dropped off, but wasn't sure if it would be worth it if we were only there for about an hour and there was a hefty cover charge.

Thanks!