Bus # 7 Dockyard to Coco Reef Resort

JAKE3337

Hi all,

With all the bus changes, do you know if the # 7 bus still runs from the Dockyard to Coco Reef Resort (Elbow Beach) or if we need to take a ferry and bus/taxi? What would be the quickest way to get there? We have purchased a day pass on our cruise next week at the Coco Reef Resort.

Thanks

Angela

The regular #7 local bus still runs on the schedule it always has, but according to reports they have at times limited the number of cruise ship passengers who are permitted to board the route at Dockyard if there are commuters who need to be accommodated .

Personally I think taking the ferry to Hamilton and then the outbound #7 (or a taxi) from Hamilton to Coco Reef is just as good a way to go, if not better, regardless, because it's a long bus ride from Dockyard to Coco Reef, as opposed to a short ferry ride and a short bus or taxi ride.

Personally I think taking the ferry to Hamilton and then the outbound #7 (or a taxi) from Hamilton to Coco Reef is just as good a way to go, if not better, regardless, because it's a long bus ride from Dockyard to Coco Reef, as opposed to a short ferry ride and a short bus or taxi ride.

Thank you -- that was what we were thinking, too (have Coco Reef reservations for next week).

BTW -- thank you so much for all the good advice that you post about Bermuda. We are really looking forward to our first visit, there. :cool:

The regular #7 local bus still runs on the schedule it always has, but according to reports they have at times limited the number of cruise ship passengers who are permitted to board the route at Dockyard if there are commuters who need to be accommodated .

That's what we did when we went there last time and we will do it again this year. Ferry to Hamilton and taxi to Coco Reef.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

We purchased day passes to Coco Reef for our trip last week. We took a taxi each way - wanted to maximize our beach time! About $45 each way for 4 of us - we were there in less than 1/2 an hour. Enjoy your day there - beautiful beach and nice pool area! Even though it rained for a little while, we had a great day!

do you need to pre-reserve a day pass at the resort?

Is it possible to take transportation to the resort and purchase day pass there?

As I understand it from their website, you make the reservation online by email. Keep in mind that beach umbrellas are on a first come first served basis and not guaranteed. You do not pay until you arrive at the resort.

Best to arrive early and can stay as long as you like.

We are looking at doing Coco Reef resort on our cruise in October.

I'll be curious to hear how this works out for you. We are thinking about the day pass at Coco Reef in September, but weren't really sure about transportation. Have a great trip!

We did this twice two weeks ago--once we stayed on the bus to Horseshoe Bay and the other time, got off at Warwick Long Bay, so both of these trips were longer than going to Coco Reef. You shouldn't have any issues.

do you need to pre-reserve a day pass at the resort?

Is it possible to take transportation to the resort and purchase day pass there?

It is recommended to reserve about 6 weeks out. Pay only when you get there. I have not reed, here on CC, about people just going there without a reservation...might be possible, but ??

Have fun !

In September of last year we took the ferry to Hamilton right after breakfast. Walked around Hamilton (we're not big shoppers) then took the taxi to the Coca Reef Resort.

I loved this resort. While the beach is not huge, its beautiful. Just sat in the lounge chairs and read. Enjoyed lunch and their pools. Took the taxi back around 5pm.

Enjoy your stay - wish I was going again this year.