explorer of the seas ?

I am planning an alaskan cruise for July 2017 on Explorer with my husband and three sons--ages 16,18 and 20. Are there any state rooms that will accommodate all of us or do I need to get 2 staterooms? Do they allow 3 adults in a stateroom? Thanks for any advice and help!

I am planning an alaskan cruise for July 2017 on Explorer with my husband and three sons--ages 16,18 and 20. Are there any state rooms that will accommodate all of us or do I need to get 2 staterooms? Do they allow 3 adults in a stateroom? Thanks for any advice and help!

There is a Royal Family Suite that will accommodate 8 people. You would have to contact Royal or a travel agent as any stateroom that has a minimum occupancy requirement over 4 is not shown on the website.

I would look into adjoining staterooms. You can easily put three adults in one stateroom. With the two adjoining staterooms, you could open the door between the rooms and be able to go back and forth. You would have two bathrooms. Just look for rooms that have occupancy for third and fourth person. Look for the ones that have the overhead bunk that drops down from the ceiling at night instead of the extra sleeping space on a pull out couch. Have the lower beds made into two twin beds and use the one overhead bunk. It gives you a lot of floor space and it is easy for three people to share one room.

My advice is also to book 2 cabins, whether they are adjoining is up to you but you'll save money if you don't mind inside cabins. We have cruised twice with our family of 4 adults and took a balcony cabin each time (we had to do one cabin or not go at all). I won't lie, it was very tight and one bathroom didn't help. Your boys are actually men now and would probably prefer to be in beds rather than on a pull out sofa.

Have your travel agent check into the pricing for two cabins. :)

You basically have 5 adult-sized people. I would put them in their own cabin. They are old enough not to need a "connecting" cabin. Even a suite doesn't give the privacy you might want. Let those "adult" kids have their own cabin...and keep their young-adult messes in their own space!

• 7 months later...

We were able to book 2 cabins. They are connecting, with one double cabin and one triple cabin. This is less expensive than a suite.

Kathryn