Different spin on FLL flight times

joekatie

Our return flight does not leave until 630 pm on the day we disembark. We plan to rent a car to check out some of Ft Lauderdale. Does anyone know how busy FLL typically is on a Sunday evening? What time would you suggest getting to the airport for the 630 flight?

Our return flight does not leave until 630 pm on the day we disembark. We plan to rent a car to check out some of Ft Lauderdale. Does anyone know how busy FLL typically is on a Sunday evening? What time would you suggest getting to the airport for the 630 flight?

It will be packed. During season, I'd get there by 4:30.

Is the end of April considered season? Will be the Sunday after Easter. Our cruise seems to be having price drops so I don't think its fully booked. Seem like most people try to schedule early flights, was hoping it would clear out by evening

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Is the end of April considered season? Will be the Sunday after Easter. Our cruise seems to be having price drops so I don't think its fully booked. Seem like most people try to schedule early flights, was hoping it would clear out by evening

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Yes, through May I'd get there 2 hours before.

As long as it's not Easter Sunday, if you get there at the Sky Cap or airline desk at least one hour prior you will have plenty of time. Everyone here will flail their arms at that, but FLL is compact and pretty fast. If you arrive 90 minutes prior you will have plenty of time to hit the bathrooms, get a drink or something to eat.

January is not April and Wednesday is not Sunday, but last week I arrived 45 minutes prior, there was no line at Sky Cap, I breezed through security and arrived at the gate as passengers were deplaning from the aircraft we were about to board.