Pat & Diane Snorkel & Beach in Freeport

afergvip

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I did this tour a couple of years ago. It was fantastic. The reef we went to was amazing. There was a family who didn't have much experience and weren't all that comfortable in the water. One of the crew members ended up pull them around on floats so they could have a good snorkeling experience. We didn't do the beach break part, just the snorkeling but I kind of wished we had. During snorkeling another crew member caught a couple of lobsters...they were going to take them and serve them to those doing the beach break/lunch. Overall we had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Just be careful if you're the only ship in port that day. I booked with them, got email confirmation stating they had the required number of people, etc.

We get off the ship and waited for an hour. Nobody showed up. Had to place a rather high-priced call (at the time) only to have them tell me:

1) Was cancelled due to weather (it was sunny, no wind, etc.)

then

2) Oh, you were the only two that booked, so we don't do the excursion.

By the time they let us know they'd cancelled, almost all the other tours had left, so we ended up having to take a drive around tour.

Needless to say, I was not impressed with their operation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of booking for our Christmas Cruise but was just wondering about the boat. We enjoy the catamaran snorkels trips that allow you to lie and relax in the sun when not snorkling. Last trip I booked was a snorkling trip but not 'sail and snorkel' and turned out to be a 'water taxi ' type boat so the trip itself was not what I expected , having loved the lazing on the deck in previous trip. It was part of the experience - not just being ferried to the reef and back. What I'm asking really is if the trip allows for relaxing in the sun if I'm not snorkling. I'm just afraid from the photos that it's a totally covered in type . Almost like a large tender..

Edited by killarneylady

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion in April 2015 when we sailed on the Carnival Magic. My husband and I are in our 20's and we actually enjoyed it. I was nervous since it was my first time booking an excursion not through the ship but we had plenty of time.

We stopped to snorkel but several people got sick (myself included) due to the choppiness of the water. But it was beautiful. The beach was fun, there was volleyball, a football to throw around & a tire swing or two. The food was good. Our guides dived off the boat and got a Conch while coming into the beach and they did a demonstration on the kinds of conch you can and cannot eat, and then we had a great Bahamian BBQ on the beach complete with the fresh conch made like a ceviche.

I would recommend it.

Edited by MrsHBrand