Regent Business Class rates...

Hi...

I'm curious if Regent's Business Class rates (quoted at $7000 for two) are really lower than what other's are finding through travel agents.

We just had to cancel a Tahiti cruise/land trip to to hospitalization (thank you Travel Guard) and fare had been $5200 for this last May.

We have rescheduled for next May. We want to spend four days in Bora Bora pre-cruise, but now (from another post) that I've found out they include IC as a post-cruise package, I may book everything through Regent. I usually book everything separately....just curious if I'm really spending too much by doing this.

Thanks for any feedback you may be able to help with.

murphysmum;)

Air fares will vary greatly from day to day, even in Business class, so it is hard to know if the cost is the best available. I usually book my own air because I can usually watch the fares and do better than the cruise lines. Having said that, I have booked business class air with regent and other lines if the routing and cost is favorable.

I've booked business Class as well as first class through Regent in the past. However, the last couple cruises I've taken, one flying LAX to Rome in first and LAX to Sydney in first - it was less expensive to book directly with the airline. Regent also has a surcharge to book specific airlines.

Several years ago I got the deal of the decade when booking a first class air ticket LAX to Sydney through Radisson... it was $4500 compare to $7000 direct with United for one way.

I find the rates for business and first with the airlines don't fluctuate much so I don't worry about price dropping closer to departure date. That happens in coach more often.

Whenever I check ATN fares, they are over $4K from LAX-PPT business class. For me that says it all. Coming from Toronto, our business class fare with Regent to Tahiti would be $4100 pp. If we're wiling to spring for Business at all, that sounds like a good deal.

I was looking at Air New Zealand, but it looks as if they no longer fly LAX-PPT. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Wendy,

NZ quit flying LAX-PPT this spring. Also cut back their NAN-LAX flights. This threw quite a wrinkle into some folks on the recent Tahiti to Fiji and/or Fiji to Tahiti Cruise. We flew ATN over and NZ back (but we did 5 days post cruise in Fiji) so we could accommodate NZ revised schedule.

Greg

Archived