Auckland NZ to Sydney Aus in November

makeup6667

The south of NZ will still be cool, so pack layers so you can add or subtract depending on weather. Sydney will be warmer, you would want some shorts and tshirts as it can be quite warm and sunny.

The tasman can be very rough, or it can be pretty calm. The 3 crossings I've done so far have been ok, but enough rolling for me to feel a little queasy. I haven't done a southern crossing though, and that can be rougher.

I'm doing this cruise in reverse at the start of December and I'll still be packing some long sleeved tops and a jacket, as well as some tshirts.

I've done the NZ cruise from Sydney to Auckland, NZ in late October early November on the Oosterdam (HAL ship).

Sydney, warm with cool evening. Melbourne again warm. Hobart getting cool, jacket needed. The Tasman was just a little choppy - not rough. The Sounds were freezing cold and foggy - looked wonderful with the mist hanging around but you needed a good jacket to stand outside.

Round the bottom of NZ was rough, back up the eastern side. Dunedin and Akoroa warm and sunny - short sleeves. Wellington chilly and drizzling. Napier warm again and so was Taurunga (Rotorua). Auckland warm and sunny.

I think we had every type of weather so bring layers. The South Island especially can be quite chilly at that time of year but being spring everything looks lovely and there is still good snow covering on the peaks.