Discovery self service restaurant

tring

We are on Discovery for the 6 night 'Celtic Explorer' cruise in May, which docks in various places to the south of the UK.

I thought Discovery had a self service restaurant, but I see the details say that passengers can dine in the main restaurant, or go up to the Lido 'weather dependant'. Looking at the deckplans, the Lido appears to be the outside deck adjacent to 'The Yacht Club'. The Yacht club is not mentioned on the cruise details, so I am wondering if that is not functional now, as the details say there has been refurbishments prior to Cruise and Maritime taking over the operation of the ship.

Does anyone have any idea if there will be some sort of alternative dining option on Discovery now, or is the only option to eat at a set time?

The Lido is the self-service buffet. It is on the sun deck but if the retractable roof is closed - is effectively inside, althoguh the roof does leak! That is one alternative restaurant but the food choices are limited. The Yacht Club is the other but you need to book, which you can only do at breakfast and lunch. It was closed in rough weather!

Thank you for that Sharon.

We normally do not like being told what time to eat, but this is a 6 night cheapie and will have to work around it or keep our fingers crossed that the self service will be open.

I was confused by reading these postings above as the website says:

Breakfast and lunch are arranged on an open sitting basis and may be taken in the Discovery Restaurant on the Discovery Deck, inside the Veranda Restaurant on the Bridge Deck or ‘alfresco’ by the Veranda Restaurant. Continental breakfast is also available in your cabin. In the evening, there are three restaurants to choose from. The Discovery Restaurant on the Discovery Deck and the Veranda Restaurant on the Bridge Deck both offer open seating, with the Veranda being less formal. On selected evenings our specialty grill restaurant The Explorer Grill on the Discovery Deck offers an alternative dinner menu at no extra charge.

Is the Veranda that same as the Lido as mentioned by Sharon? On the deck plan, it looks like the Veranda restaurant is inside with some additional outside seating.

I ask because we just signed up for two Voyager cruises and we almost always eat at the buffet for meals. We hate assigned eating times and tables.

Can someone who has been on this ship clarify this perhaps? Thanks.

Archived