3-Day Diet

TSCOTT

My sister found this diet on another cruise forum website. I did not read all of the prior threads, so I'm not sure if this has already been shared, but here you go. By the way, I just started my "day 1" yesterday, but will check back with everyone to let you know how things are going. I cruise to Alaska in June and my goal is to lose 73 pounds. If this diet really works, I plan on doing 3 on and 4 days off for a period of time.

Below is a copy of a diet we've used on the Fire Dept. for over weight fireman for years now and it's works, if you will stick to it.. It only last 3 days, but the weight loss you will see is well worth it... Bombero

3 DAY DIET

THE FOLLOWING DIET (SUGGESTED BY THE MIAMI HEART INSTITUTE) MUST BE

FOLLOWED EXACTLY. LOSE 4-8 LBS. IN 3 DAYS.

DAY 1

BREAKFAST--- BLACK COFFEE OR TEA, 1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 1 SLICE

TOAST, 2 TBSP. PEANUT BUTTER.

LUNCH--- 1/2 CUP TUNA, 1 SLICE TOAST, COFFEE OR TEA

DINNER--- 3 SLICES ANY TYPE OF MEAT (ABOUT 3 OUNCES), 1 CUP

STRING BEANS, 1 CUT BEETS, 1 SMALL APPLE, 1 CUP

VANILLA ICE CREAM.

DAY 2

BREAKFAST--- 1 EGG, 1 BANANA, 1 SLICE TOAST, BLACK COFFEE OR

TEA.

LUNCH--- 1 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE, 5 SALTINE CRACKERS.

DINNER--- 2 BEEF HOT DOGS, 1 CUP BROCCOLI, 1/2 CUP CARROTS,

1/2 BANANA, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM.

DAY 3

BREAKFAST--- 5 SALTINE CRACKERS, 1 SLICE CHEDDAR CHEESE, 1

SMALL APPLE, BLACK COFFEE OR TEA.

LUNCH--- 1 HARD-BOILED EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST.

DINNER--- 1 CUP TUNA, 1 CUP BEETS, 1 CUP CAULIFLOWER, 1/2

CANTALOUPE, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM.

THE DIET WORKS ON CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AND IS PROVEN. DO NOT VARY

OR SUBSTITUTE ANY OF THE FOODS. SALT OR PEPPER MAY BE USED, BUT NO

OTHER SEASONINGS. WHERE NO QUANTITY IS GIVEN, THERE IS NO

RESTRICTION OTHER THAN COMMON SENSE. THIS DIET IS TO BE USED FOR

3 DAYS AT A TIME. YOU MAY DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS YOU WANT.

IN 3 DAYS YOU WILL LOSE 4-8 LBS. AFTER 3 DAYS OF DIETING YOU CAN

EAT NORMAL FOOD, BUT DON'T OVERDO IT. AFTER 4 DAYS OF NORMAL

EATING, START BACK ON THE 3 DAY DIET. YOU CAN LOSE UP TO 15-25 LBS.

IN A MONTH IF YOU STICK TO IT.

THIS IS A SAFE DIET. REMEMBER....DO NOT SNACK BETWEEN MEALS AND DO

NO SUBSTITUTE OR ALTER THE DIET IN ANY WAY.

I'm thinking I could do this one:) . My cruise is in Feb 2006, and I really want/need to lose 30 pounds before we go. I lost about 40 pounds several years ago with Slimfast, but put 30 back on...maybe this is what I need!

I actually did this diet several years ago. I did lose about 40 pounds.

THE PROBLEM: this diet does nothing for the real problem. You Way of Eating (WOE).

After I stopped this diet the weight, not so slowly, crept back on. You are better to make a lifestyle change instead of a fast weight loss that will return in a short time.

Have a Great Day

dan

• 2 weeks later...

TScott -

I agree with dan - coming up with a healthy WOE you can live with for the rest of your life is the only real way that works long term.

This might be fine for a 3-day "jump-start", but the ice cream & saltines are "wasted calories" - they don't provide any real nutrition value for the calories they add - the toast too, unless it's whole grain. The hot dogs aren't a good choice either - skinless chicken would be better.

So how'd you end up doing so far?

As of today, I have been dieting for 4 weeks. Contrary to my original thought of doing 3 days on and 4 days off, I have actually done the "3-day diet" just twice in the past 28 days. On my off days/weeks, I watch my caloric intake and do step aerobics 3-4 times each week. Thus far, I've lost 10 pounds. Sharonella and Dan, I agree with both of you; long-term weight loss will require a lifestyle change. I plan to keep up with this routine until I reach my desired weight. Afterwards, I will continue to count calories and exercise, but the 3-day diet will definitely be eliminated. By the way, on the days that I followed the strict plan, I saw a 1 1/2 to 2 pound weight loss. I'll check back once a month to report on my progress.

Congrats on your weight loss! Glad to see that you aren't following this 3-day plan too much! The reason this works in the short term is that it is very calorie restrictive. I still would consider switching some of the "empty calorie" items like ice cream, saltines & hot dogs with similar food items (with same calorie count) but better nutrition - vitamins, fiber, etc.

Keep us posted & good luck & continued success

Sha

Hi Chazz

All this "diet" is, is restrictive calories for 3 days - nothing scientific or revolutionary about it, no matter what the claim is!

If you choose healthy foods (veggies & fruits, hi fiber, low fat, lean protein - no processed foods) that you CAN eat & severely restrict your calorie intake (about 1,000) for 3 days, you will get the same results as this "diet", & probably be less hungry.

But your best bet for long term success is to develop a way of eating (WOE) & way of exercising (WOEX) that you can maintain for life - there is no "quick fix". At best, following this plan for 3 days will "jump start" your weight loss, & give you the encouragement you need to keep going on a weight loss plan.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Sha

• 3 weeks later...

I have to tell you that I did this like 8 years ago, and it worked for me. The weight just seemed to melt off, and before I knew it I was down 2 sizes. I am struggling now, but I am doing WW. I am sticking with it, since it is working and I am eating healthier now. Wish me continued luck, and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I have to tell you that I did this like 8 years ago, and it worked for me. The weight just seemed to melt off, and before I knew it I was down 2 sizes. I am struggling now, but I am doing WW. I am sticking with it, since it is working and I am eating healthier now. Wish me continued luck, and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

brandylaw, I wish you the very best of luck with your healthy eating lifestyle! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

• 5 months later...

It's been several months since I sent an update. Although I am not on target to reach my goal weight, I have lost a total of 34 pounds since I started dieting in October. I hope to lose another 5-8 pounds before my cruise June 1 and then continue in my efforts when I return home.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, you'd get off water weight, but... Why not just decrease your overall calories a little over the long term and up your exercise? We're not talking huge amounts, just a little. It would come off slowly, but you'd make a lifestyle choice that would remove the need for diets in the first place.

I don't know, you'd get off water weight, but... Why not just decrease your overall calories a little over the long term and up your exercise? We're not talking huge amounts, just a little. It would come off slowly, but you'd make a lifestyle choice that would remove the need for diets in the first place.

Nliedel, please take a look at my Oct 28 posting that references my lifestyle change. For me to lose weight, it takes diet and exercise. For now, my diet plan of choice is the 3-day diet vs. a reduction of calories. Who knows? Down the road, I may try reducing my overall caloric intake. By the way, I assure you that the 34 pounds that I've lost thus is much more than water. I'm currently down 2 dress sizes.

Nliedel, please take a look at my Oct 28 posting that references my lifestyle change. For me to lose weight, it takes diet and exercise. For now, my diet plan of choice is the 3-day diet vs. a reduction of calories. Who knows? Down the road, I may try reducing my overall caloric intake. By the way, I assure you that the 34 pounds that I've lost thus is much more than water. I'm currently down 2 dress sizes.

You have reduced your calories.

You have reduced your calories.

You are correct Nliedel. During the 3 days that I am on the diet, I am definitely reducing my intake of calories. However, earlier I was referring an eating plan where I eat "regular" food on a daily basis and simply watch the caloric intake.

You are correct Nliedel. During the 3 days that I am on the diet, I am definitely reducing my intake of calories. However, earlier I was referring an eating plan where I eat "regular" food on a daily basis and simply watch the caloric intake.

Yep, but you dropped your overall calories and I'd just bet your stomach is smaller so you don't eat as much as before you started this. You may even be more aware of your overall calories in general. I've found it's easy to maintain my weight if I watch it when I am not dieting. Sometimes I'm surprised when I think about my food intake, but when I break it down (I use fitday.com it's free) my intake it's not as much as before the diet.

Congratulations on finding a WOE and lifestyle change that works for you.

I remember that diet from many many years ago, except that I'm allergic to fish and used canned chicken instead of tuna. Since then I've struggled to find a system that works for me--sort of lo-carb. Whatever you are doing if you feel good about the program, are seeing healthy results and feel that you can live this way for the rest of your life--go for it!!!

• 1 month later...
My sister found this diet on another cruise forum website. I did not read all of the prior threads, so I'm not sure if this has already been shared, but here you go. By the way, I just started my "day 1" yesterday, but will check back with everyone to let you know how things are going. I cruise to Alaska in June and my goal is to lose 73 pounds. If this diet really works, I plan on doing 3 on and 4 days off for a period of time.

Below is a copy of a diet we've used on the Fire Dept. for over weight fireman for years now and it's works, if you will stick to it.. It only last 3 days, but the weight loss you will see is well worth it... Bombero

3 DAY DIET

THE FOLLOWING DIET (SUGGESTED BY THE MIAMI HEART INSTITUTE) MUST BE

FOLLOWED EXACTLY. LOSE 4-8 LBS. IN 3 DAYS.

DAY 1

BREAKFAST--- BLACK COFFEE OR TEA, 1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 1 SLICE

TOAST, 2 TBSP. PEANUT BUTTER.

LUNCH--- 1/2 CUP TUNA, 1 SLICE TOAST, COFFEE OR TEA

DINNER--- 3 SLICES ANY TYPE OF MEAT (ABOUT 3 OUNCES), 1 CUP

STRING BEANS, 1 CUT BEETS, 1 SMALL APPLE, 1 CUP

VANILLA ICE CREAM.

DAY 2

BREAKFAST--- 1 EGG, 1 BANANA, 1 SLICE TOAST, BLACK COFFEE OR

TEA.

LUNCH--- 1 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE, 5 SALTINE CRACKERS.

DINNER--- 2 BEEF HOT DOGS, 1 CUP BROCCOLI, 1/2 CUP CARROTS,

1/2 BANANA, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM.

DAY 3

BREAKFAST--- 5 SALTINE CRACKERS, 1 SLICE CHEDDAR CHEESE, 1

SMALL APPLE, BLACK COFFEE OR TEA.

LUNCH--- 1 HARD-BOILED EGG, 1 SLICE TOAST.

DINNER--- 1 CUP TUNA, 1 CUP BEETS, 1 CUP CAULIFLOWER, 1/2

CANTALOUPE, 1/2 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM.

THE DIET WORKS ON CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AND IS PROVEN. DO NOT VARY

OR SUBSTITUTE ANY OF THE FOODS. SALT OR PEPPER MAY BE USED, BUT NO

OTHER SEASONINGS. WHERE NO QUANTITY IS GIVEN, THERE IS NO

RESTRICTION OTHER THAN COMMON SENSE. THIS DIET IS TO BE USED FOR

3 DAYS AT A TIME. YOU MAY DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS YOU WANT.

IN 3 DAYS YOU WILL LOSE 4-8 LBS. AFTER 3 DAYS OF DIETING YOU CAN

EAT NORMAL FOOD, BUT DON'T OVERDO IT. AFTER 4 DAYS OF NORMAL

EATING, START BACK ON THE 3 DAY DIET. YOU CAN LOSE UP TO 15-25 LBS.

IN A MONTH IF YOU STICK TO IT.

THIS IS A SAFE DIET. REMEMBER....DO NOT SNACK BETWEEN MEALS AND DO

NO SUBSTITUTE OR ALTER THE DIET IN ANY WAY.

although I have not tried this particular one it sounds interesting and let us know how you make out...I think any diet will work as long as you stick to it but over all, it's the way one eats in general that needs to be improved...if you don't get that under control then you will slip back to your old ways ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived