Market to buy beer?

Wayfairers

We travel with a small cooler bag and enjoy buying a six pack at a reasonable price from a market and drinking it on a beach. Any suggestion on a local place to buy a six pack of beer?

Done..

7d Royal Caribbean

7d Celebrity

10d Princess

14d Carnival

75d Holland America

Next..

7d Carnival Conquest

21d Carnival Triumph

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you go into town and stuff to look around can you walk around the streets with an open beer?

Can you have a beer in the taxi or tram if your taking a tour around the island?

Sorry I don't know just wondering if it's like some other Caribbean places where things are pretty relaxed when it comes to drinking.

Thanks

It's not "streets" it's "street":D But I don't recall seeing people walking around with beer or drinks in their hands. I'm guessing the taxi would be up to the taxi driver. Trams originate out of the cruise center so they may have some rules. I do know people who rent jeeps and golf carts do drive around with alcohol but usually wait until a beach stop or at the lighthouse. People do drink around the lighthouse. There's a stand that sells beer, soda and snacks there. And my SIL and I took unfinished beers back with us from there for the golf cart ride back into town.

I have always walked around Cockburn Town with a cold beer while in Grand Turk and in the taxi going back to the port which is one reason I so love the islands. When you buy a beer they ask if you want it opened before you go out the door. The islands are not hung up on open beer like we are in US.