Blue Flag Taxi

blueflower1968

There's a long thread with recommendations for private blue flag guides here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339

As the thread started 4 years ago there's a lot of outdated information at the beginning, so I suggest you start reading it at the last post and work your way backwards through the recommendations made in the past year. The posts include contact information such as email addresses.

If you need further information let me know but your best option will be to email me as I get so much questions/requests and tend to miss posts at times.

Your New Bermuda Friend

And just who are you...self declared "New Bermuda Friend" who in the 4 days since joining Cruise Critic has apparently pulled a bloodless coup and now is in charge of everything? ( PS...no one was ever in charge of everything in the past, we all just try as a group to contribute our knowledge to help our fellow travelers.)

If you're the Minister of Tourism tell us...that way no one else has to worry about helping out.

Good luck with those emails. No one has your email address, nor is there any private messaging function on Cruise Critic.

By the way, I just noticed you're breaking into some Bermuda Roll Call threads, offering your "help". It sounds like you have something to sell...and that is strictly prohibited.

Edited by njhorseman

And just who are you...self declared "New Bermuda Friend" who in the 4 days since joining Cruise Critic has apparently pulled a bloodless coup and now is in charge of everything? ( PS...no one was ever in charge of everything in the past, we all just try as a group to contribute our knowledge to help our fellow travelers.)

If you're the Minister of Tourism tell us...that way no one else has to worry about helping out.

Good luck with those emails. No one has your email address, nor is there any private messaging function on Cruise Critic.

By the way, I just noticed you're breaking into some Bermuda Roll Call threads, offering your "help". It sounds like you have something to sell...and that is strictly prohibited.

I just thought being on-island I could help where I can. I've seen a few post of yours and you have a lot of knowledge too and that is good.

I just thought being on-island I could help where I can. I've seen a few post of yours and you have a lot of knowledge too and that is good.

Help from anyone is appreciated, and it's always very helpful to have Bermudians posting here because they can find out things that are next to impossible for those of us who don't live in Bermuda to find out.

But there's a way to go about it, and the way you're posting has the look of someone who while trying to be helpful ultimately is promoting some business or service. That isn't allowed here, and if it's the case will get you barred from Cruise Critic. Unfortunately we see it happen time and time again.

So, by all means any help and your knowledge is more than welcome, but I think if you look at your posts you'll understand why they look like there's more to them than meets the eye.

Edited by njhorseman

I have that same vibe here...

It's just weird when someone who just became a member wants to be involved in all the threads...offering help via e-mail...just fishy...

And please do not go on the roll call just offering random help. Those roll call threads are the more "private" section of CC that usually only the pax sailing together will post there. I did post on a few roll call not too long ago, I shared a link to a good rebate for pier parking in NYC, wished them safe sailing and left them alone...When the pax sailing together have a question, they ask and there is always someone with more experience that offers an answer.

Help from anyone is appreciated, and it's always very helpful to have Bermudians posting here because they can find out things that are next to impossible for those of us who don't live in Bermuda to find out.

But there's a way to go about it, and the way you're posting has the look of someone who while trying to be helpful ultimately is promoting some business or service. That isn't allowed here, and if it's the case will get you barred from Cruise Critic. Unfortunately we see it happen time and time again.

So, by all means any help and your knowledge is more than welcome, but I think if you look at your posts you'll understand why they look like there's more to them than meets the eye.

+1