Docking in Honolulu

dogdaygirl

Hey! In reading stuff on the forum, I just found out the there two places that cruise ships dock in Honolulu.........I did not realize that. Does anyone know if they are close together?........or if Carnival just uses one of them? Thanks!

Checking Google maps it's a half mile 10 minute walk between the Aloha Tower pier and the Terminal 2 Cruise Terminal. If you use those names on Google Maps you can view their relationship to other locations near the piers.

On Princess I've gone to both cruise terminals during my 3 arrivals in Honolulu.

I located the Hawaii State Harbor's website showing cruise ship arrivals in 2015 & 2016 and their cruise terminal assignments:

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/passenger-cruise-schedules/

There is a note at the bottom of the charts that states if no assignment is shown then the ship arrives at terminal 2.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Checking Google maps it's a half mile 10 minute walk between the Aloha Tower pier and the Terminal 2 Cruise Terminal. If you use those names on Google Maps you can view their relationship to other locations near the piers.

On Princess I've gone to both cruise terminals during my 3 arrivals in Honolulu.

I located the Hawaii State Harbor's website showing cruise ship arrivals in 2015 & 2016 and their cruise terminal assignments:

There is a note at the bottom of the charts that states if no assignment is shown then the ship arrives at terminal 2.

Thanks Astro Flyer!! That is a cool site......I'm going to tuck that away in my favorites for future use. Wow, you are a fountain of knowledge!! I think I have to make you my go-to-person for Hawaiian information! LOL For some reason, I never think to use Google........I just go, "oh, I need to ask this!" Thanks for putting up with this computer challenged person. haha.

Thanks Astro Flyer!! That is a cool site......I'm going to tuck that away in my favorites for future use. Wow, you are a fountain of knowledge!! I think I have to make you my go-to-person for Hawaiian information! LOL For some reason, I never think to use Google........I just go, "oh, I need to ask this!" Thanks for putting up with this computer challenged person. haha.

You're welcome & glad that it was useful for you.

Yep, Google (or any other online search site) is a great resource & sometimes it's even better than trying to search on Cruise Critic. ;)

Hawaii & cruising are favorite subjects of mine & I'm happy to add my experiences to those of others. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

What pier is P11? Thank you!

Every since I had access to the Internet, I search for the tourism sites and the official site for the port for each stop. Often you'll find a cruise ship calendar on the official port site and it may even list the berths for each ship in port that day. So the link posted above will give you the info for the different Hawaiian ports and have been very useful to me to see how many other ships will be in port with our ship.

For our three Hawaiian cruises, we have always docked at #11, which has some beautiful murals in the terminal building. This terminal is north of #2, which is closer to Waikiki.