Free WIFI Has Come to Havensight!

Ms411

You can access it from the ship, but not near the shopping area yet.

The website is vihotspot.com and it should show on the available WiFi list as free_WiFi.

Let me know how it works for you! No need to go to KMart.

You can access it from the ship, but not near the shopping area yet.

The website is vihotspot.com and it should show on the available WiFi list as free_WiFi.

Let me know how it works for you! No need to go to KMart.

Thank you for the information

• 2 weeks later...
Remember if you have US based Cell phone or data with data plan, you can use it in St Thomas with no extra fees. I find it best to use my T-Mobile phone instead of chasing up the elusive Wifi

It is not considered roaming? I am going to check with ATT on that as we will be there next week and I need to check in on some people

It is not considered roaming? I am going to check with ATT on that as we will be there next week and I need to check in on some people

Just returned from St. Thomas last Friday, we had ATT coverage on St. Croix, San Juan, St. John, as well as St. Thomas on our cruise, same as the states, no roaming.

Anyone know about Verizon? I am leaving on cruise this Saturday and will be stopping in St. Thomas. St. Maarten and Nassau..curious if I will be charged international roaming on those islands.

thanks for any info!!

Anyone know about Verizon? I am leaving on cruise this Saturday and will be stopping in St. Thomas. St. Maarten and Nassau..curious if I will be charged international roaming on those islands.

thanks for any info!!

Verizon does not have native coverage, but you should be able to roam on Sprint for no extra cost.

Your data will probably be sluggish, though.

thanks for any info!!

For St. Thomas data and text per your plan, calls are roaming. I verified that with verizon just last week. St. Maarten is roaming, international, and while I haven't checked Nassau, it's probably international, as well.

Edited by Miss Vickie

I checked on Sprint website for San Juan and St. Thomas and the site said "No services" (or something like that) but asked me "do you want to enable roaming?" I did not.

I would assume that there should be coverage. I used my phone from SJ before and don't remember extra fees, but you never know with Sprint :confused:

I will be looking for free wifi

AT&T and Sprint are local providers and are included in national plans. I understand that T-Mobile roams, but is either free or inexpensive. Verizon, as Miss Vickie said, is roaming and fairly expensive.

westcoastguy: While the USVI is ostensibly part of the US, it is a territory and many companies see it as international. Verizon doesn't have a local presence, although there are rumors that they are going to buy or lease towers...

I checked on Sprint website for San Juan and St. Thomas and the site said "No services" (or something like that) but asked me "do you want to enable roaming?" I did not.

I would assume that there should be coverage. I used my phone from SJ before and don't remember extra fees, but you never know with Sprint :confused:

I will be looking for free wifi

I have been tracking Sprints 4G LTE for a while now in the Caribbean and just to make sure everyone else on Sprint can be at ease, San Juan was one of the earlier markets for 4G. There will be ZERO issues in San Juan or any of the US Virgin Islands and for the most part you will have very high speed data.

I did not read through this whole thread, but this caught my eye and again, just want to make sure Sprint users are at ease. In fact, all the coverage maps I see show all the coverage and Sprint is now one of the best providers by far in these territories. There should be no need to look for wifi at all in these stops, um, for the most part I say. If you are way over by the Annaburg Sugar Mill ruins in St John you will probably run into some roaming issues, or Point Udall on STX, but that's it. :)

LOL, and I have to admit hmg, I completely understand what you mean about "you never know what you will get with Sprint". Luckily it looks like they FINALLY are up to speed with everyone else in most areas. But rest assured, the US Caribbean territories now have some of the best coverage of all providers from Sprint.