Fulton Place parking?

zounds

I have reserved a space for Jan.'13 on the roof for half the price of parking at the port. Anyone care to share any experience with them? They have a shuttle to the pier. Thanks very much. steve

I don't know about cruise parking, but I had a contract for parking there when I worked downtown. It probably won't be an issue for cruise shuttles, but I did notice the shuttler buses picking up CBD workers were slow and usually full. But as far as parking, I had no real issues with the garage. One elevator was often out of order, but that may have been corrected.

We used Fulton Place in March for our cruise. We were there 2 days pre-cruise staying at Springhill Suites about 2 blocks from the parking garage. Fulton Place was much cheaper for parking than the hotel, and we didn't need the car - so we booked Fulton Place for 9 days at the cruise rate (does not include in and out privileges - that’s around $20 a day). We did everything on foot - so we didn't need the car while at the hotel. They did let me take the car out once the morning of the cruise (for free) so I could drive over to the hotel and get our luggage. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We then parked back in the garage and got on the shuttle to the cruise pier. They have staff working to assist with getting your luggage from parking areas to the shuttle. We waited around 5 minutes after we boarded the shuttle while other people boarded and luggage was loaded. It did take about 15 minutes for the shuttle to get from the parking garage to the pier because traffic was crawling all around the Convention Center and pier - some big event going on at the convention center and cruise traffic (glad I wasn't driving). Shuttle dropped us off right at the pier door for check in. The porters were right there to get our big bags. When the cruise returned, we walked out the door from the pier and the shuttle was already there loading up. They loaded our luggage and after about 5 minutes we headed back to the parking garage. When we got there - they asked that one person from each car go get your vehicle and bring it down and park on the street by the shuttle. While you are getting the car, they unload your luggage from the shuttle and turn it over to the other people in your party - who then watch for their car to exit the garage. I pulled up and parked where my wife was standing with our luggage. We loaded up and were on the road in no time. Pretty painless process except for heavy traffic exiting the convention center area. Overall, we were happy with Fulton Place. It really worked out well for us with the pre-cruise stay.

• 7 months later...

Steve,

How did that rooftop parking and online reservation work out for you? I am assuming the Link is for Fulton Place parking and not Fulton Place Garage.

We are leaving Mid march on a Conquest. 3 little grandgirls and 4 adults. I am wondering what time to book it for arrival. It is a Sunday to Sunday.

Thanks,

John

Steve,

How did that rooftop parking and online reservation work out for you? I am assuming the Link is for Fulton Place parking and not Fulton Place Garage.

We are leaving Mid march on a Conquest. 3 little grandgirls and 4 adults. I am wondering what time to book it for arrival. It is a Sunday to Sunday.

Thanks,

John

I am curious what link you've used also, in addition to what time to put for the "out" time on Sunday. I was assuming that 10:00 am should be fine, but I wasn't sure how strict they were with charging for an extra day if you are a little later leaving than 10:00 - in case there are any delays getting off the ship. Thanks!

I am going to try it. We leave March 17th, So I will post back here the week after we get back and I will let you know. I am hoping Steve will let us know how the parking worked out for him.

I am curious what link you've used also, in addition to what time to put for the "out" time on Sunday. I was assuming that 10:00 am should be fine, but I wasn't sure how strict they were with charging for an extra day if you are a little later leaving than 10:00 - in case there are any delays getting off the ship. Thanks!
Edited by numedpick

I am going to try it. We leave March 17th, So I will post back here the week after we get back and I will let you know. I am hoping Steve will let us know how the parking worked out for him.

Yes, please let me know how it goes - what link you used, the cost per day, service charges, etc. Also curious as to how secure the facility appears; whether it seems like it would be safe to leave the big bags in the car overnight while we stay at a hotel down the street, rather than having to unload everything for one night. Thanks, and have a great cruise!

You don't want to use the Fulton Stree Parking website. They charge an extra day. Also someone posted not to long ago that they wouldn't honor the parking purchsed thorugh that site. Use the New Orleans Parking or the Airport one. That's what the Manager of the garage suggested when i called him.

The last time I parked there I left luggage with my clothes from the hotel stay in the car all week. No problem.

Edited by iluvcruzin

You don't want to use the Fulton Stree Parking website. They charge an extra day. Also someone posted not to long ago that they wouldn't honor the parking purchsed thorugh that site. Use the New Orleans Parking or the Airport one. That's what the Manager of the garage suggested when i called him.

The last time I parked there I left luggage with my clothes from the hotel stay in the car all week. No problem.

how would they not honor parking purchased through their website, and why would the manager tell you to take your car somewhere else

how would they not honor parking purchased through their website, and why would the manager tell you to take your car somewhere else

What I think he was suggesting was to use the New Orleans Parking or Airport Parking websites to book the reservations, as opposed to the Fulton Parking one...is that correct?

We booked through the United Airport parking at the New Orleans port for rooftop for March 17 for a week.

After you pay you get a receipt and the thing to display on the dash through email link. Looks like the parking is all subbed out to other entities other than the garage itself. Not exactly sure, but feel OK with the receipt I have.

By paying for it with a CC, I will dispute it if they do not honor the booking.:cool:

• 2 months later...
Steve,

Thanks,

John

When I made my reservation, it asked how many in my party and said if over 2, that all must be dropped off at pier along with luggage, thus only shuttling the driver. We have 5. I don't mind doing this, but have read some stories about horrid traffic at the port causing it to take 2 hours to go a few blocks. I also don't mind paying them a few dollars extra to shuttle all 5 of us if needed, or even walking the few blocks if it comes to that and letting them shuttle the luggage for the 2 on the shuttle. Anybody run across this before? I'm sure some of you have had more than 2 in your party, esp. people with kids. Really weird that they would say they would only shuttle 1 of you if there are more than 2.

Thanks for any input.

• 1 year later...