Dress attire for French Quarter

hoopslover

The restaurants in the French Quarter range from shorts/tank top to men dressed in suites and ladies in nice dresses. It would all depend on which restaurants you were going to and how pricy the menu is. If you were going to Antoines, Galatore's, or other high end, you would want to dress a little up a little more considering the way the wait staff dress. It might be wise to pack a nice outfit to dine in these restaurants.

Do some online research at the tourism site for News Orleans and see the list if restaurants you wish to dine at and see how it is rated. They can be $-$$$$$$ so, if you go to a $$$$ you might want to bring clothes you would wear to work if you worked in an office.

I am usually on a budget, so I look for the places that are $-$$$ at best. I wish I could eat some of the local cuisine, but I have food sensitivities that mean I can't even have sample bite or spoonful!

We are cruising on NCL where we don't need dressy clothes. For restaurants in the French Quarter, what is the suggested dress requirements? Are a coat and tie required for men?

There are many, many very good restaurants in the French Quarter where casual clothes will be fine. There are others where, for dinner, I would step it up to business casual at least (collared shirt for men, no jeans or sneakers), and a few others where my hubby wouldn't go without a jacket at dinnertime. The choices are almost limitless.

If you have a specific restaurant or type of food you want to try, you can always check in advance so there are no surprises.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be an odd question but does anyone know if they sell "Trouble 1" and "Trouble 2" shirts anywhere in New Orleans.

Last April I think I recall seeing them on Bourbon Street. I want to get them for myself and another friend on our cruise

This may be an odd question but does anyone know if they sell "Trouble 1" and "Trouble 2" shirts anywhere in New Orleans.

Last April I think I recall seeing them on Bourbon Street. I want to get them for myself and another friend on our cruise

I'd say you're chances of finding those t-shirts on Bourbon St. are very good!