Sleep Inn FLL - What is nearby?

AryMay

I have reservations at the Sleep Inn (Dania Beach) for the end of February. I've been reading some of the mixed reviews on TA and noticed that several mentioned that many of the businesses/restaurants in the strip mall across the street have closed.

Can anyone who has stayed there recently give some suggestions for restaurants within walking distance...either fast food or sit-down places.

When I stayed there last march, we ate at Panchos Backyard that is across the street. I just looked them up on line and it looks like they are still there. It was really good. There was an Italian Restaurant and a small Chinese food restaurant there as well.

Can't tell you if they are all still there though....

Edited by tanus

When I stayed there last march, we ate at Panchos Backyard that is across the street. I just looked them up on line and it looks like they are still there. It was really good. There was an Italian Restaurant and a small Chinese food restaurant there as well.

Can't tell you if they are all still there though....

Thanks. Here are some comments from TA that have me worried...

From yesterday:

The only thing I did notice is that some of the amenities - restaurants, supermarket close by have closed.

From 2 days ago:

The only disappointing thing is that the small shopping center next to the hotel is nearly empty. The great Cuban/Mexican and Italian restaurants and Publix super market are gone. So we ate at the Chinese place and it was good for 1 night. Without a car it was a long walk to the new Publix and a bigger shopping center.

From 5 days ago:

There's a 24-hr Walgreens beside the hotel but they only sell beer...FYI. Would stay here again, but in a perfect world would have liked to have more choice in restaurants close by.

I'm not going to change my reservation since everything is so expensive this time of year and I got a "somewhat" lower rate when I booked months ago. We won't starve, I'm sure! :)

I bet that Sleep Inn is not very happy about the closings. If they were smart they would offer to shuttle people to restaurants. I'm sure they'll have some delivery menus. Quarterdeck and LeTub are 2-3 miles away, an inexpensive taxi ride. There is a Miami Subs and Starbucks about 4 blocks away, just east of US1 (walk west on Sheridan St.).

There is a Publix grocery store just 2 or 3 blocks away. They had wine and a Deli for

snacks. We ordered sandwiches and carried back to the hotel. We enjoyed a picnic at the pool.

Where was that Publix 2 or 3 blocks away? There used to be one on Sheridan St near the hotel but it closed. According to the Publix website, the closest one to the hotel is on Dania Beach Blvd, a mile away.

Where was that Publix 2 or 3 blocks away? There used to be one on Sheridan St near the hotel but it closed. According to the Publix website, the closest one to the hotel is on Dania Beach Blvd, a mile away.

http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/selection?mapid=US&lang=en&design=default&region_name=&region=&place=1500+se+5+ave+dania+beach+fl+33004&mapx=&mapy=

The replacement Publix is about 4 blocks west of the old one. New location is 1700 Sheridan St. Admittedly the address sounds further away which could be confusing because the north and south sides of Sheridan St are in different municipalities with different numbering and zip codes.

http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/selection?mapid=US&lang=en&design=default&region_name=&region=&place=1500+se+5+ave+dania+beach+fl+33004&mapx=&mapy=

The replacement Publix is about 4 blocks west of the old one. New location is 1700 Sheridan St. Admittedly the address sounds further away which could be confusing because the north and south sides of Sheridan St are in different municipalities with different numbering and zip codes.

Ah, that's why I couldn't find it on the Publix website! I asked for Dania, LOL! I thought they had built the new one near US1 and Sheridan St, but couldn't find it, LOL. :D