Two Top Request

Our last cruise we went on was our anniversary so we requested a two top table and got it but unfortunately it was along the front wall of the restaurant i.e. enter, turn left to the window. While the service was terrific, the location was so out of the way we scarcely heard the orchestra playing during dinner. That was on Vision. June 2015 we are on the Explorer with 8:30 PM traditional seating. If we tried to request it again, do you think we will be way out on the edge again?

Amazing I even go on cruises but I do suffer for SAS Social Anxiety Syndrome and that is why we prefer the smaller tables.

Edited by ScottC4746

Our last cruise we went on was our anniversary so we requested a two top table and got it but unfortunately it was along the front wall of the restaurant i.e. enter, turn left to the window. While the service was terrific, the location was so out of the way we scarcely heard the orchestra playing during dinner. That was on Vision. June 2015 we are on the Explorer with 8:30 PM traditional seating. If we tried to request it again, do you think we will be way out on the edge again?

I would send a request to rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before your cruise and be specific about where you would like to sit.

The larger tables used to be on the edge, near the windows...I don't know if they've rearranged the seating....

You could go to the dining room and take a peek at your assigned table when you board.

The dining room is a much different experience on Voyager Class ships compared to the Vision. Three levels to the DR vs two. In traditional dining things are geared more to tables of 6-10 with some 2 & 4 tops mixed in. You might be better served to do My Time Dining where people are not generally pre assigned. Talk to the MTD Maitre D' and scout the tables in advance; pick your table and create a standing reservation for that time and table. A discrete gratuity to the Maitre D' will go a long way in helping this process.

Amazing I even go on cruises but I do suffer for SAS Social Anxiety Syndrome and that is why we prefer the smaller tables.

You have gotten great advice already on the best ways to try and get a 2 top. It is typically easier to get on late seating. We are in the same boat so to speak. I also prefer a table for 2 as I suffer from PTSD, SAD, depression, and other issues. I am almost always stressed out yet I am totally able to relax and enjoy myself on a cruise. The most difficult part for me on the cruise is the muster drill. I prepare by wearing earplugs, and taking clonazepam about an hour before. Being on the ocean and seeing and hearing the water and waves is so calming for me.

Edited by cruisingsince94

You have gotten great advice already on the best ways to try and get a 2 top. It is typically easier to get on late seating. We are in the same boat so to speak. I also prefer a table for 2 as I suffer from PTSD, SAD, depression, and other issues. I am almost always stressed out yet I am totally able to relax and enjoy myself on a cruise. The most difficult part for me on the cruise is the muster drill. I prepare by wearing earplugs, and taking clonazepam about an hour before. Being on the ocean and seeing and hearing the water and waves is so calming for me.

The boat drills I don't mind. PTSD? Veteran? If so, thank you for your service. I know 4 July is a terrible time for our Vets just coming home and having to hear fireworks.