Camp Carnival- DS turns 2 on cruise

sunset785

Next summer we are sailing on the Magic. We sail July 23rd and DS2 turns 2 July 24th. We would like to utilize Camp Carnival some on the trip.. How does this work with paperwork? Can I get him registered on the 23rd? Do you have to sign up for time slots before you can drop the kids off? Thanks!

The age you are WHEN YOU BOARD, is the age they consider you to be for the entire cruise. They MIGHT make an exception...but that's not a guarantee. If you could move your cruise forward a week, there would be no issue at all.

Edited by cb at sea

The age you are WHEN YOU BOARD, is the age they consider you to be for the entire cruise. They MIGHT make an exception...but that's not a guarantee. If you could move your cruise forward a week, there would be no issue at all.

Who would I ask about this? I know I could call but would my PVP know an answer like this?

Actually I just found on the Carnival website that says "Camp Ocean cannot accept children under two unless they are turning two on the cruise."

I would print out that page and bring with you on the ship, just in case you run into a hitch.

You have to bring something official with your child's age and DOB (like an official birth certificate or passport) so you can't fudge the date. In terms of how it works (unless things have changed on Carnival since our last cruise with them): on the first day, you'll fill out the paperwork to officially registered your child. You'll get a pager to sign out. Plus a schedule of day-by-day activities and what time the room is open. Your child doesn't have to be there for every session. But there will be times it'll close so the staff can eat, so keep an eye on those times.

You shouldn't have to give them advance notice of when you're bringing your child (no time slots in that sense), except for any 10-pm kidsitting or possibly if there's port day kidsitting. Carnival seems to be one of the few that accept kids in diapers, but you'll need to provide those supplies.