Balcony on Canada Cruise

biojeep

We have sailed to Alaska twice & had a balcony cabin because of the great scenery so we were wondering if a balcony is beneficial on a Canada cruise. We know that this is very subjective but would like to hear from experienced Canada cruisers. Is a balcony for this trip worth the extra cost? In our opinion it was for Alaska but we are completely uninformed about this East Coast cruise. Please give your opinions.

You see nothing of the Fall foilage at sea as too far out. Even going into port....nothing. The best is of course Bar Harbor, but since a tender port you must go there and take a tour up to appreciate its beauty.

We always love a balcony for "air", weather check and the ocean. If just doing it for scenery, save the money and take the scenic tours! Vicki

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess it would depend where you are leaving from, no? I'm assuming you'd be able to see a ton if you left from Quebec City, going through the St. Lawrence. Coming from New York, I imagine you wouldn't see much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You see nothing of the Fall foilage at sea as too far out. Even going into port....nothing. The best is of course Bar Harbor, but since a tender port you must go there and take a tour up to appreciate its beauty.

We always love a balcony for "air", weather check and the ocean. If just doing it for scenery, save the money and take the scenic tours! Vicki

Our experience also was that there was not a lot to see from the Balcony. We were too far from shore. Where the St. Lawrence was narrow enough it corresponded to night time.

Yes, I was referring to the typical NE/CAN itinerary....Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Newport, Saint John &'Halifax. Wonderful ports but no foilage scenery from the ship. Quebec, Sydney, PEI....up further and a different story. V.

About a dozen years ago we sailed from Montreal to Boston. And, it was in June. And, it was fantastic. And, we had a balcony cabin, worth every additional dollar, in my opinion. There were many daylight sailing hours, and I loved sitting on the balcony --drinking in the beautiful scenery along the St Lawrence, up the Saguenay to the fjord, and into the ocean--watching dozens of Minke [emoji229]Whales and other sea creatures, bird watching.

So, yes, if what you're looking at begins in Montreal or Quebec City, no matter what time of year, get a balcony cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a balcony on our Canada/New England cruise as we always enjoy being able to step outside for fresh air and just look out. Honestly, we could hardly see anything when we docked at these ports because it was foggy every morning. It did burn off as the day went on and the view improved.

Elaine