Wedding favors?

What did you do? What are you doing?

Every good idea I have (little plants, candy, candles, etc.) is prohibited by the rules :(

Keychains and stuff like that are expensive....I'm running out of ideas. HELP!

Edited by VASOXFANN

You may want to try doing a search on this forum as there are many, many posts discussing wedding favors. Candy is not prohibited; not sure where that comes from.

As someone who has been to quite a few weddings, I personally would prefer the bride and groom keep their money, and not waste it and their time making up favor bags. A lot of us just don't want this stuff. To each his/her own.

I tried that. When the feature works, which is rare, I found several threads discussing OOT bags. Not so much re: favors.

I will have several non-sailing guests. I know food items cannot be taken off the ship. Candy is a food item, so I put 2 and 2 together. If I am wrong, by all means correct me. That's why I am posting here...for assistance.

Food can be taken off of the ship as long as it's sealed and it's a very loose definition. We did a candy bar with Lindt chocolates, Hershey kisses and individually wrapped seasonal candy (tiny Snickers, hershey kisses, etc) and had no problem.

Thank you.

Do you know about candles that are given away as favors?

I think the favor is really important especially for sailing guests. They are spending thousands of dollars to celebrate your wedding. Most weddings that I have gone to locally had dust collector favors. I know favors can be costly and we're somewhat limited to what we can take on/off the ship but really think about your favor, you don't want to spend money for people to just throw away.

Best of luck, keep us posted when you come up with something.

Crystal

We're doing luggage tags that are in the shape of a ship. I found them online for about $1.50 per tag. When I searched google, I used cruise wedding favors as the search line. I saw lots of cute ideas. Hope this helps!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm getting married this Saturaday 04/19 and I am doing little boxes filled with hershey kisses and mints. The hershey kisses have stickers on the bottom with the letter "C" "Mr. and Mrs" "04/19/2014" and the mints say "LOVE" on them.

I'm doing OOT bags as favors for sailing & non-sailing guests. I've put a lot of thought into doing items that would be usable by both and things that can actually be used, rather than cutesy things that just collect dust or end up in garbage. My sister had suggested nautical bottle openers or things like that, but I see them ending up in garbage or left behind. We are doing the typical travel cups & emergency kits, hangover kit, then some snacks. For snacks, we are doing 2 themes. We are doing nautical themed snacks (Chips Ahoy, Lifesavers, Goldfish Crackers), then we are doing New Orleans themed snacks (Praline candy, Cajun flavored chips), since that is where wedding is held (I'll buy those when I get there). Edible favors are always good choice. And I really like the idea of doing something local to wedding venue, especially for OOT wedding. It gives guests an opportunity to try a new stuff from the area.

We are planning to do crab mallets and packets of Old Bay. Our wedding is on an Alaskan cruise, so we figure the mallets fit with the theme of Alaskan king crabs and other Pacific Northwest seafood/shellfish. The Old Bay is a nod to us being from Baltimore.

That's our plan. But in re-reading this and other threads, I better make sure I can bring these aboard. I'd hate to find out too late that the cruiseline considers a crab mallet a weapon! :eek: lol

These are all great suggestions!

I found some classy-looking luggage tags with cruise ship and shell designs. They are reasonably-priced and come individually gift-boxed, so that's what I'm learning towards right now.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/hynb7.a7o7r/v/vspfiles/photos/4238CS-2T.jpg?1381947986

As we get more sailing guests, I'm thinking I should probably put together some OOT bags too...

• 2 weeks later...

I did gift bags (from Oriental Traders) and those individually wrapped tylenol, tums, sewing kits, band aids, hand sanitizer, playing cards, gum etc. but you can also make it fun by including a little checklist contest with a stamped envelope asking questions like "what was the most fun moment of your cruise" etc. I wish I had thought of having a photo contest of the funniest moments on our wedding cruise - I hope your wedding cruise is as much fun as ours was!

I did gift bags (from Oriental Traders) and those individually wrapped tylenol, tums, sewing kits, band aids, hand sanitizer, playing cards, gum etc. but you can also make it fun by including a little checklist contest with a stamped envelope asking questions like "what was the most fun moment of your cruise" etc. I wish I had thought of having a photo contest of the funniest moments on our wedding cruise - I hope your wedding cruise is as much fun as ours was!

I did create a scavenger hunt list that I will include in the OOT bags for cruising guests. Most items require taking photos. I've also included little notebooks for them to use for the non-photo items. But, I have them getting photos from each deck of the ship, laundry room, and various other spots that may be good to know where they area, so that will encourage them to explore the ship during the first day. I also have ones where they need to meet their room steward or people in cabin across hall. Or find another cruiser from farthest away place (person with farthest gets the point). I have instructions on it for them to work in groups of two people, then we will meet up on day 2 of the cruise, an hour before dinner to go over everyone's findings. There are points assigned to each item and the group with highest points wins. Then I bought some cruise line gift cards as prizes, which they can use on-board during the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We are actually getting married on the Pride on 7/5/15 and I was wondering what the "rules" were on what we can give as gifts for the guests. I was looking at candles also..but by reading this thread I guess that's shot down.. I do like the luggage ID idea..it's different and the water bottles are cool also. I'm just looking for something that's not heavy to lug to the ship but something that's not going to be a "dust collector". Thanks for everybody's input! Keep the ideas coming! :)

We haven't worked out all of our details, but we think we are going to do a tote bag to be used at the beach with the hangover kits, sunscreen, etc. a bottle or two of water and the big favor is going to be a beach towel. We have about 20 sailing guests and are planning to spend around $500 total on the bags. We figure our guests are spending thousands of dollars to sail with us, so we want to make sure they have a nice favor that will be useful! We are getting the towels at costco for $10/pc, and taking them to be embroidered.

As for a regular favor if you don't want to go the OOT bag route, we also considered koozies, and key chain bottle openers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great ideas... I am being married on 11/20/2014 Carnival Sensation... and currently working on what to put in my favor bags. So far I've gotten some lovely starfish key chains. They were very reasonable on favor favor.com. I also thought candy was a NO-GO on the ship if it an OK great because I had previously purchased Sea Shell Molds to have chocolates done...

I decided what I am going to do. Personalized luggage tag. We want to keep the costs down, I ordered 55 for .72/piece. I am not a big fan of party favor. Sometimes I think is a waste. Usually people tend not to use them or put inside a drawer. Most of our folks are from out of town and country, so maybe the tags will be more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums