Wheelchair Accessible Excursions Skagway

VicMackey

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to find a wheelchair accessible excursion in Skagway (for someone who can't get out of their manual wheelchair). We did the White Pass Railway trip two years ago and don't want to do it again. I've reached out to a few tour operators in Skagway and have come up empty. On the Princess site, they have the train, gold panning, and a downtown walking tour. We wouldn't be interested in any of those 3. Would anyone be able to suggest some wheelchair accessible tours in Skagway?

Thank You.

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to find a wheelchair accessible excursion in Skagway (for someone who can't get out of their manual wheelchair). We did the White Pass Railway trip two years ago and don't want to do it again. I've reached out to a few tour operators in Skagway and have come up empty. On the Princess site, they have the train, gold panning, and a downtown walking tour. We wouldn't be interested in any of those 3. Would anyone be able to suggest some wheelchair accessible tours in Skagway?

Thank You.

Have you contacted the Skagway Visitor's Center ? Here's the link http://www.alaska.org/destination/skagway/visitor-information

I did call the visitors center who referred me to M&M tours. I also tried another tour company who is familiar with a lot of tours. Both said that the train is pretty much the only fully wheelchair accessible excursion in Skagway.

I did call the visitors center who referred me to M&M tours. I also tried another tour company who is familiar with a lot of tours. Both said that the train is pretty much the only fully wheelchair accessible excursion in Skagway.

Did you check to see if there is accessible taxi ? If so than the person could hire it to take them around to see the sites.

Skagway Transit (SMART) has some lift equipped buses. This will get you around town and fairly close to the Gold Rush Cemetery, I have pushed Dudette out there from the bus stop and back. Skagway itself is pretty interesting and is reasonably accessible. The NPS put on some excellent shows and lectures and their downtown facility is accessible. The museum is walkable and accessible and if there at the right time you may see a salmon run in the river.

http://www.smart-ak.com/Home_Page.html