Crystal Cruises

Teddy Smith

Can anyone tell me if Crystal Cruises sail out from the same port in Venice as some of the larger cruise ships. As in the Marittima cruise terminal.

We have bought a Crystal cruise for our son and future daughter in law for their honeymoon next June and they need to book a hotel the night before sailing. Just trying to work out the best place to stay in Venice.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Margaret

Well, I would ask on the Crystal board. Crystal could go to either cruise docking location as a small to medium sized ship.

In either case, the Hilton Stucky Molino is very close, and a very nice hotel.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I don't know the answer to your question, and I don't know a lot about Venice, as I've just started researching it. However, I would probably look at the following web sites for info:

--europeforvisitors.com (Venice section - excellent, and helps you pick a hotel)

--tomsportguides.com (Venice guide - his guides are very helpful for cruisers)

--venere.com or other booking site that shows a good map of the area and where hotels are located

--port site mentioned in europeforvisitors, although I don't know if it actually lists whether the port is assigning the ship to Marittima or the other location.

I don't know if June is as crazy as late September, but I would go ahead and start looking for hotels now, even if you don't know which docking location will be assigned. The two locations aren't terribly far apart, so that's in your favor. The easiest hotels to get to, and the ones most convenient to the sights of Venice, seem to book up really quickly. I suppose the bigger, expensive hotels are available a lot longer than the smaller places, but based on my awful experience booking something for next September, I just thought I'd give you a heads up. Hotels are also very expensive in Venice, which doesn't help things. Happy hunting!

I posted a question asking for suggestions on hotels in Venice, and people provided me with ideas. You might find that post helpful.

Edited by roothy123