San Diego Hotel near pier - park & sail

We are 2 couples looking for reasonably priced options of getting to the pier for our Celebrity Panama cruise.

We are within about a 2 1/2 hr drive to San Diego so are checking our options.

Option 1 - We had considered renting a car and driving there, but there is a hefty fee for dropping at a different location. A $200 one day rental is more than we want to pay, then we'd have to do the same to get back.

Option 2 - parking at the pier, in excess of $200.

Option 3 - arriving the day before and staying overnight in a hotel that has a sail and park package. Problem is I can't seem to find a hotel that allows over 7 days parking. Actually only found one that even allows parking longer than overnight.

We did do a park and fly at a San Diego hotel last Feb but I don't think the hotel is open anymore, at least they are not answering their phone and it says 'no availability' on the chain's website.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel that allows you to park while you are cruising? It doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and safe and no creepy crawlers. :eek::eek:

Thanks

We are 2 couples looking for reasonably priced options of getting to the pier for our Celebrity Panama cruise.

We are within about a 2 1/2 hr drive to San Diego so are checking our options.

Option 1 - We had considered renting a car and driving there, but there is a hefty fee for dropping at a different location. A $200 one day rental is more than we want to pay, then we'd have to do the same to get back.

Option 2 - parking at the pier, in excess of $200.

Option 3 - arriving the day before and staying overnight in a hotel that has a sail and park package. Problem is I can't seem to find a hotel that allows over 7 days parking. Actually only found one that even allows parking longer than overnight.

We did do a park and fly at a San Diego hotel last Feb but I don't think the hotel is open anymore, at least they are not answering their phone and it says 'no availability' on the chain's website.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel that allows you to park while you are cruising? It doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and safe and no creepy crawlers. :eek::eek:

Thanks

$200 for a week is a bargain, and your car is right at the pier. So what's the problem? You sound like an inside room cheapie ! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by goldenrod

You sound like an inside room cheapie ! LOL

Nope - wrong, but I like to save my money to do fun stuff and be frugal when I can,

Hey, I'm an inside room cheapie now ;)

I would do the airport long-term parking thing.

Can't help with the clean and safe hotel, though. I usually stay at the Andaz - NOT what I would call cheap and it's not really near the port, maybe a 20 minute walk or so.

There is a new Springhill Suites by Marriott down there - maybe check their rates.

A few years ago when we cruised the Carnival Spirit, we drove down from LA and parked at a facility located between the airport and the cruise pier (I believe on Kettner). We parked for the week on one of the lower levels (not open to the sky). Very reasonable (less than $200 for the week) with a convenient shuttle van to/from the terminal. Sorry, I can't recall the name.

• 3 weeks later...