Tips needed in Cannes, France

zhangf

Thanks for the video!!!

Was that promenade and the beach to the right when I get off ship?

Thanks

Kerri

Yes, and you will see it all as the ship arrives. Hank much prefers the beaches to the left (which I did not see as I was only ever heading to the train station) and he has been to Cannes many times, so if you're looking for a day on the beach as opposed to a quick dip in the sea that would be nicer. All the best, Tony

Yes, and you will see it all as the ship arrives. Hank much prefers the beaches to the left (which I did not see as I was only ever heading to the train station) and he has been to Cannes many times, so if you're looking for a day on the beach as opposed to a quick dip in the sea that would be nicer. All the best, Tony

Yep, and that would be the Plage du Midi which is free (unless you pay to rent a chair), sandy, and pretty nice. And its only a short walk to the decent cafe/restaurants that line the Vieux Port not far from the tender port. To be honest, we do not usually go to the beach on port days, but rather save our beach days for when we are actually spending a few days in Cannes. For us, St Paul de Vence always is a draw and a reason to rent a car.

Hank

Yep, and that would be the Plage du Midi which is free (unless you pay to rent a chair), sandy, and pretty nice. And its only a short walk to the decent cafe/restaurants that line the Vieux Port not far from the tender port. To be honest, we do not usually go to the beach on port days, but rather save our beach days for when we are actually spending a few days in Cannes. For us, St Paul de Vence always is a draw and a reason to rent a car.

Hank

We will be in Cannes on Oct 2 so I expect it may be too chilly to enjoy a walk on the beach. Your post is helpful and we're hoping for a sunny day.

We spent two days in Cannes on a land trip a few years ago and did several 'must-see' excursions then. We'll be in port (tendered) from 7am-2pm only and plan to make this an easy port day and stay near the port.