Cabo water taxis to the arch current pricing?

CruisinDawn

We will be in Cabo next month and want to take a water taxi out to the arch like we did last trip. Seems last time we spent $15 total for the 3 of us with a drop off at Mango's on Merdano Beach with a return to the harbor but that was several years ago. This time we will have 4, anyone know the current rate?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Edited by CruisinDawn

I was in cabo last week and the tour to the arch and the rocks was offered at $10 per person all down the docks. The usual price is $15 but each taxi offered to us for $10 with no haggling. We only wanted to go to Medano Beach and that was $3 per person each way and there was no haggling involved. At Medano we went to Mango Deck and has a blast reasonaable beer and food and lots of entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in Cabo next month and want to take a water taxi out to the arch like we did last trip. Seems last time we spent $15 total for the 3 of us with a drop off at Mango's on Merdano Beach with a return to the harbor but that was several years ago. This time we will have 4, anyone know the current rate?

BonVoyage

Dawna

We've travelled to Cabo twice a year for the past 5 years, and only one time did we find a tour of the Arch for $10 total for the two of us, and that was in September. $10pp is (IMO) a reasonable expectation. You can expect to pay more if there are hoards of Cruise passengers wanting the same trip. You are correct, though, often the further from the cruise docks, the cheaper the price, but I doubt that you will find it much less than $10pp...actually it might be more like $15pp. If you have them drop you off at Medano Beach, you can most certainly expect $3-5pp for return. For that, you might consider a land cab back (about $10 for up to 4).

Thanks, that is what it boiled down to last time as well. Prices also got cheaper the further we were from the tender drop off. We plan on getting there just before the ship begins to tender as well. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

You did it right! Walk further down the boardwalk and you get a better price. If I don't like the price I hear I walk away. No harm in making an offer and seeing if someone accepts. I have heard of people who have paid $10pp or more. No need at all to do that.

We took a water taxi to see

lovers beach, pelican beach, divorce beach then the water taxi dropped us off on Medano Beach. We made a time and place for the water taxi to pick us back up.

We paid $15 pp round trip.

Next time you go do the above. If you walk further along the boardwalk and don't accept the first price you can usually get a water taxi for $5-$8 per person.

Thanks, that is what it boiled down to last time as well. Prices also got cheaper the further we were from the tender drop off. We plan on getting there just before the ship begins to tender as well. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

You did it right! Walk further down the boardwalk and you get a better price. If I don't like the price I hear I walk away. No harm in making an offer and seeing if someone accepts. I have heard of people who have paid $10pp or more. No need at all to do that.

We took a water taxi to see

lovers beach, pelican beach, divorce beach then the water taxi dropped us off on Medano Beach. We made a time and place for the water taxi to pick us back up.

We paid $15 pp round trip.

Next time you go do the above. If you walk further along the boardwalk and don't accept the first price you can usually get a water taxi for $5-$8 per person.

If you walk further along the boardwalk and don't accept the first price you can usually get a water taxi for $5-$8 per person.

I sincerely doubt that, unless you are a herd, or if you are visiting during the low season.

We've been successful (as a family of 9) to barter down to that price, but that is not the norm, especially when there is a cruise ship due in.

I have to suggest once again that unless you are visiting during the low season, you can probably get the rate down to $10pp, but not much less.

During the low season, the rates will be lower.

Just my $2 Pesos, worth.

I sincerely doubt that, unless you are a herd, or if you are visiting during the low season.

We've been successful (as a family of 9) to barter down to that price, but that is not the norm, especially when there is a cruise ship due in.

I have to suggest once again that unless you are visiting during the low season, you can probably get the rate down to $10pp, but not much less.

During the low season, the rates will be lower.

Just my $2 Pesos, worth.

So how many can the water taxis accomodate? Sounds like a group of 8 or so friends would not be a problem?

So how many can the water taxis accomodate? Sounds like a group of 8 or so friends would not be a problem?

8 will not be a problem, at all. Actually with 8, you should (might) get a boat to yourselves. This really is (IMHO) the best tour that you can do in Cabo.

With a group of 8, if it were me, I would try hard to bargain down to about $50US, total...again, depending upon how many cruise folks are trying to make the same trip.