FlyerTalk........When booking Award Travel on Usair

Jimbo

Is it worth clearing cookies each time when looking for flights on the Usair.com site. Would it give me a better chance of finding acceptable flights?

I have not used the US website for purchasing tickets, so I really can't say whether it will or will not. Clearing cookies gives you a "fresh" start on the reservation process and likely can't hurt, other than requiring you to reenter all of your flight data requests and any FF numbers. But this is just a guess -- any regular users of US out there might give you a more definitive answer.

Just purchased my PHX-MCO ff tix for October. (I have resigned myself to use the big 50k miles for any ticket with USAirways. :rolleyes: )

Clear out your cookies when using hotwire. I was able to get new hotel and car offers each time.

Just purchased my PHX-MCO ff tix for October. (I have resigned myself to use the big 50k miles for any ticket with USAirways. :rolleyes: )

Clear out your cookies when using hotwire. I was able to get new hotel and car offers each time.

Also looking for October, PHL-SAN-PHL but would love to get it for only 25,000 miles total, we can find a flight on the way home for 12,500 but only 25,000 flights are showing for the outgoing flight.

Jimbo:)

Also looking for October, PHL-SAN-PHL but would love to get it for only 25,000 miles total, we can find a flight on the way home for 12,500 but only 25,000 flights are showing for the outgoing flight.

Give thought to flying into LAX, SNA, BUR or ONT and renting a car to go to SAN. Not that expensive, and it gives you wheels to use while there. You can do an open jaw on award tickets (PHL-LAX and SAN-PHL) for no extra charge, and there may be more availability into one of the LA area airports.

Same with your outbound. Look at BWI availability, also ABE and other spots. Sometimes, there is availability from a small airport then through a hub when a flight directly from the hub shows nothing. All part of yield management. Be flexible on both ends and you might find your tickets at the "saver" rate (whatever each airline calls it).

Archived