China Visa - letter of invitatiion for UK cruisers?

soraya

Hi Everyone

I'm filling in the application form for a visa for China. I'm flying into Shanghai for a few days precruise and then going to board the Celebrity Millennium which is going to Beijing for 2 nights and then onto non- Chinese ports and ending in Hong Kong.

I have my flight details, but what do you do with the letter of invitation?

I only have emails from the cruise company, but could print the itinerary for the cruise but not sure that this is really what they mean.

any input or advice appreciated.

if it helps I printed my flight tickets/hotel reservations and cruise itinerary.Filled in the paperwork/form.Went along to the visa centre in Edinburgh with all this and our passports to submit.Returned 4 days later to collect and pay.All seemed acceptable and pretty straightforward.Hardest part was the bill!

Hi Everyone

I'm filling in the application form for a visa for China. I'm flying into Shanghai for a few days precruise and then going to board the Celebrity Millennium which is going to Beijing for 2 nights and then onto non- Chinese ports and ending in Hong Kong.

I have my flight details, but what do you do with the letter of invitation?

You should not need a "letter". Rather, the name of the cruise ship and the port for the address. List it as a cruise line. I forget the exact lines, on the form, but that's all you need. Also, the cruise receipt with itinerary, Hotel reservations for each night stay and the roundtrip air documents to prove you are actually going home.

I only have emails from the cruise company, but could print the itinerary for the cruise but not sure that this is really what they mean.

any input or advice appreciated.

It wasn't that hard to do, and they did not require any extra items. I also worked with an agency to handle the submitting etc, but that was in the USA.

A letter of invitation is not a requirement. It is one of the options that can be used to get a visa. Such a letter of invitation must come from someone legally residing in China (friend or family) who is inviting you. Other documents need to accompany the letter. these are explained on the visa center website.

I doubt that this applies to you. Use the other option which requires you to show your itinerary with hotel booking. In your case, a copy of your Shanghai hotel booking.

Edited by TravelMore&More

Thanks everyone! I think I'm worrying too much about the form. I've now attached the hotel details and cruise itinerary, so hopefully that'll be OK. I also did a grand tour of Aberdeenshire to find a working photo booth! The forms are now ready to go and fingers crossed, we get the visas.

Thanks everyone! I think I'm worrying too much about the form. I've now attached the hotel details and cruise itinerary, so hopefully that'll be OK. I also did a grand tour of Aberdeenshire to find a working photo booth! The forms are now ready to go and fingers crossed, we get the visas.

Did you read the requirements for the photo size for a Chinese visa? I believe it is a unique size compared with other passport or visa applications - 48mm x 33mm

I went to Snappy Snaps who had the photo size for various passport or visa applications listed out.

Edited by JohnKen3