Fitness Center - what is free?

cocobam

Interested in Allure. It looks like use of the exercise equipment is free and some classes are free. Other classes have a fee. It also looks like the "Spa" is separate from the fitness center and everything there has a fee (massage, sauna, etc.). Anything else free?

Also, my DD16 will want to use the fitness center. I saw something in a recent cruise compass that listed a time for "Teen Registration for Fitness Center". I'm not clear on why they would have to register to use the free equipment?

All exercise equipment and saunas are no charge. Spa treatments, massages, and other personalized offerings are for a charge.

I don't believe there is a free sauna on Oasis class. At least, not when we've cruised on Oasis and Allure.

Interested in Allure. It looks like use of the exercise equipment is free and some classes are free. Other classes have a fee. It also looks like the "Spa" is separate from the fitness center and everything there has a fee (massage, sauna, etc.). Anything else free?

Also, my DD16 will want to use the fitness center. I saw something in a recent cruise compass that listed a time for "Teen Registration for Fitness Center". I'm not clear on why they would have to register to use the free equipment?

I think, from memory that 16 year olds are welcome to use gym equipment unsupervised. As for classes that are free vs fee, watch out for free classes that are nothing not ads and demos for crappy arch supports.

at 16 she is fine, as that its the age to be allowed to use the facilities without an adult with her. no real experience with teen programs but maybe that is for a teen only class or block of time to use the machines?

IIRC only the spin bikes are locked up and cannot be used unless there is a class( for a fee, of course)