Hepatitis A vaccine necessary?

beachbums9

After reading CDC guidelines for travel to French Polynesia & recommendations for Hepatitis A vaccine I wonder how many people actually do this? We will be extending our cruise with days on Moorea & Tahiti, eating local food. Also, excursions that include beach barbecues from local vendors.

Love reading tips from CC members.

Thank you to all! :)

My dr told me before I went to China that if you eat out 30 or more times a year that you should get hep a shots. It has nothing to do with travel. You increase your risk if you often eat at restaurants whether they are foreign or domestic. Most of us have two kidneys and only one liver. I have no interest in possibly screwing up my liver because some dork decided not wash his hands after using the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My husband and I did get the shots this year. Our Primary Care physicians suggested that we get them. We have been spending March in Mexico for the last 25 years and I mentioned that we would be traveling to FP this summer. They both said, " better to be safe than sorry". (Really not sure that we really NEEDED them, but we got them.)