Chilkoot Tours in Skagway Question

lauren0309

Has anyone taken a train tour with Chilkoot Charters and be able to make the 7:30 tour when your ship docked at 7:00?. I was just worried about being able to catch the train. I called the tour company and the woman said even though the ship docks at 7 I would still be able to meet their van at 7:30 and then the train is nearby so we wouldn't miss it and timing should be no problem.

Has anyone taken a train tour with Chilkoot Charters and be able to make the 7:30 tour when your ship docked at 7:00?. I was just worried about being able to catch the train. I called the tour company and the woman said even though the ship docks at 7 I would still be able to meet their van at 7:30 and then the train is nearby so we wouldn't miss it and timing should be no problem.

Hi Lauren

That was the exact same situation for us. There is no problem with it at all as there is quite a bit of slack in this part of the schedule. After we (6) were met at the dock the minibus picked up parties from 2 other ships before going to the train station. From memory the train did not depart until at least 8.30. You will have a great day with Chilkoot. There is complimentary bottled water in the train so don't take any from the ship. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]3WSaRzt5N0Q[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]aFpz4AHOcUs[/YOUTUBE]

We did the "Bennett Scenic Journey" through Chilkoot last July. NO problem time-wise getting off the ship and meeting the Chilkoot representative at the foot of the pier. He drove us to train at the WPYR yards and we were aboard in plenty of time before departure at 7:30 or so. About 20 of us in our Chilkoot group and our railcar.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZowKWUxasOyzM_8FtrQUg

We did the "Bennett Scenic Journey" through Chilkoot last July. NO problem time-wise getting off the ship and meeting the Chilkoot representative at the foot of the pier. He drove us to train at the WPYR yards and we were aboard in plenty of time before departure at 7:30 or so. About 20 of us in our Chilkoot group and our railcar.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZowKWUxasOyzM_8FtrQUg

Should have mentioned, we were on the NCL Pearl for this cruise and moored at the Broadway Dock.