Galveston

Mike45

ok. I assume bayport is in Texas?

Bayport is the Houston terminal where the Conquest and Ecstasy are now cruising out of until they return to Galveston. I read somewhere on CC that Galveston would be back in the cruising business around the middle of December.

I did get a message today, telling me my Nov 2 cruise would be from Bayport. She also said Carnival would be there (Bayport) until December. Hope this helps.

Good to know. Nothing on the web site about anything after November 1st. No need to be in a rush about it I guess, but I wish they would post an update.

I have a note from my TA...received this on Saturday.

Under signature from Lynn Torrent, Sr Vice Pres - Sales and Guest Service:

Sailing from Bayport Terminal at least through the October 23 sailing.

Hope that helps you!

I own a construction company in the Houston area and we are currently working with the Port of Galveston on repairs. Our deadline is Oct. 26th for completion!

Looks like they want it back in Galveston on November 1st. I hope it goes well whenever they switch back.

Hey Stir

What's up?

When are you going?

Hey there, Snoozeman!

I'm going on the 4 nighter leaving on October 23rd...and I can't wait!!

Captain Scala came back onboard yesterday and will be onboard until early January. Can't wait to see the photos of his lovely new baby!

I am on the 5 night cruise leaving on 27th and we were told by a rep from carnival that we would be leaving out of the Houston Bayport Cruise terminal.

I have some friends on with you. I wonder if they will debark you at Bayport then go down to Galveston to pick up the next sailing. I think that is their goal. Don't know why they need to rush it, but one sailing sometime in the next month or so will end up being the transition back sailing.

We are selling on November 1st our TA called and said we weould be selling out of Bayport Terminal I hope so we already have our hotel booked so I hope they don't change. we are also saling on January 4 2009 out of galveston and booked our hotel at the Hilton we were told they opened back last week.

I own a construction company in the Houston area and we are currently working with the Port of Galveston on repairs. Our deadline is Oct. 26th for completion!

That's great news but I was really hoping to sail out of Galveston for our Oct 23rd sailing on the Ecstasy. Wasn't really looking forward to the whole 'cruise through the ship channel' thing but I'll take it. :)

How are the terminals coming? I can't wait to go back to work with rccl in Galveston.

BTW--Since your working down there by chance did you get to see them haul YOUR car away?

Good to know. Nothing on the web site about anything after November 1st. No need to be in a rush about it I guess, but I wish they would post an update.

I talked with quite a few folks on the Conquest and had some emails from folks in Miami regarding the current status.

There is no firm word beyond Nov. 1 and that's the story. They had hoped to be back in Galveston by then but the infrastructure may/may not be ready by then.

Bottom line, without discussing negotiations, etc they have published as much as they are sure of.

If I hear anything additional I'll be sure to post it here.

We're waiting on our supplier to get door and door frames to us and then we'll be back at the cruise terminal working.

Didn't see my vehicle being towed...but it was there one day and gone the next!

Please don't listen to those who would want you to believe that the Strand is destroyed and the hotels aren't going to be available for months.... there are lots of homes that were devastated with flood waters - but given some time to cleanup, those homes will be rebuilt or removed.

Thanks for the update and encouragement!

We're waiting on our supplier to get door and door frames to us and then we'll be back at the cruise terminal working.

Didn't see my vehicle being towed...but it was there one day and gone the next!

Please don't listen to those who would want you to believe that the Strand is destroyed and the hotels aren't going to be available for months.... there are lots of homes that were devastated with flood waters - but given some time to cleanup, those homes will be rebuilt or removed.

I am booked at the Harbor House for my Dec 14 departure. Anyone know how she fared? Will she be open in December? Or should I look for another hotel?

I know there was damage there, because we were already working on some remodeling before the storm. Our company will be brought back in to do repairs, but we haven't rec'd the call yet. I'm confident that repairs will be completed by Dec. 14th!

Archived