7am-1pm too short for Blue Kay?

LoveVakays

So itin. indicates 7am-1pm for stop in Costa Maya. We would love to check out the beach, particularly Blue Kay (based on some awesome reviews here). But for those who've been to CM around this time frame - is it too short for a beach excursion? And would it be too cold if we headed to the beach 10am-12pm (which would make it 9am-11am local time) and be back on ship by 1230pm? About to book the Liberty for the March 1 trip but this one port is holding me back...Thank you all!

So itin. indicates 7am-1pm for stop in Costa Maya. We would love to check out the beach, particularly Blue Kay (based on some awesome reviews here). But for those who've been to CM around this time frame - is it too short for a beach excursion? And would it be too cold if we headed to the beach 10am-12pm (which would make it 9am-11am local time) and be back on ship by 1230pm? About to book the Liberty for the March 1 trip but this one port is holding me back...Thank you all!

Blue key is the first stop on the malecon, maybe 5-10 minute ride from the port. It is the nearest place you can go if you don't just stay in the port compound and would seem ideal for a short relaxing beach break. The malecon is a series of beach bars one after the other so it could take the transport to Blue Key and then make your choice from there where you want to stay.

Just remember the pier is quite long and port compound itself take some time to walk through so allow enough time when coming back.

Edited by c-leg5

I certainly wouldn't book an AI for that short of time. But Blue Kay would work. All the beach clubs will most likely be open early so no need to wait around. It shouldn't be that cool in CM in March. Lows in early early morning are rarely below 65, mostly in upper 60s/low 70s especially once the sun is out. Average highs are usually in the upper 70s low 80s that time of year.

I think that's the beauty of going to this place (Blue Kay), it works perfect for those that aren't in port very long. It's the first stop at the Malecon and easy to get a taxi back. It's only 5-10 minutes from port, so you can maximize you day there and not have a lot of travel time involved. Plus with it not being an AI, you don't have to worry about paying anything other than buying what you plan on drinking and eating. It's a win-win situation. :D

Have a wonderful day! :)

(Just so you know, I've been off the ship and sitting at the Malecon a few minutes after 7am before in late December and had no issues with it being too cold. It was even dark when we got off the ship. :eek:)

• 2 weeks later...
I think that's the beauty of going to this place (Blue Kay), it works perfect for those that aren't in port very long. It's the first stop at the Malecon and easy to get a taxi back. It's only 5-10 minutes from port, so you can maximize you day there and not have a lot of travel time involved. Plus with it not being an AI, you don't have to worry about paying anything other than buying what you plan on drinking and eating. It's a win-win situation. :D

Have a wonderful day! :)

(Just so you know, I've been off the ship and sitting at the Malecon a few minutes after 7am before in late December and had no issues with it being too cold. It was even dark when we got off the ship. :eek:)

Thanks for that awesome reassurance! We're so looking forward to it.