Just wondering

Jeffrey1950

On the 12 day Caribbean trip from New York in November what is the normal attire for a female to wear the first and last night at sea when going to dinner.

Thanks !!

Whatever is published in the daily programme and signposted before the dining room entrance doors.

First and last nights are almost always informal.

Informal (Jacket Required):

Evenings would consist of a required jacket and optional tie for gentlemen, whilst ladies should wear cocktail dresses, stylish separates or equivalent. No jeans or shorts.

On the 12 day Caribbean trip from New York in November what is the normal attire for a female to wear the first and last night at sea when going to dinner.

Thanks !!

On Embarkation Day, I usually wear a light weight, black, three-piece knit suit (trousers, shell and jacket) and black wedged heels. In my carry-on, I have a change of undies, a pair of high heels, and a black sequin top. Oh, and maybe a bottle of wine ;) I figure, if the rest of my luggage gets lost, at least I can pass muster and hopefully avoid the dreaded Stink Eye :D

On the last night of the voyage, I wear the same outfit (after hand washing it, of course.):)

I don't know if that is "normal" or not: last year on the Caribbean trip there were women dressed in cocktail dresses and gowns on the last night of our voyage (the published dress code was INFORMAL). My guess is that they were booked for the return Trans-Atlantic Crossing and were determined to dress for it. -S

Edited by Salacia

I was a passenger on the November 26, 2016 voyage. The first night I wore daywear black slacks and a blouse with a black suit jacket. Most women were "smartly" dressed, some in dresses, some in cardigan sweaters, others in suit jackets. The last night I wore slacks and a blouse with a cardigan sweater and a scarf. Nothing fancy.