Silversea JW Marriott Quito

April29

I would love to know this too. We have a Silver Galapagos booking in June and have two nights at the JW Marriott through Silversea. No day tour for the one day in Quito was offered. They said to ask through the hotel.

Interestingly, I read a review of a Silver Galapagos trip and the reviewer said: "...we enjoyed a fantastic full day tour of Quito/Equator organised by the Silversea land agent" I wonder if this was Abercrombie & Kent or someone else. Plan to ask Silversea why Celebrity provides a day tour with their two night Quito stays, while Silversea doesn't. It seems like the five star line is doing a better job in the Galapagos than the six star line.

For anyone who booked the JW Marriott Quito with Silversea; did they have a concierge at the hotel to help with tours ?
The hotel is beautiful and modern. There is a concierge desk. However we booked a full-day tour before we arrived in Quito and used Metropolitan Touring, which I highly recommend.

I stayed there in 2012 before going to the Galapagos. Nice hotel. I had a huge issue with a tour that I'd booked to the Cloud Forest and the concierge really helped me...even made a call on my behalf to the USA to try to sort out the problem. Very very helpful.

Cheers

Jennifer

We had three days in Quito before our Celebrity Xpedition cruise to the Galapagos. We booked two separate day trips privately with a tour guide that came highly recommended and would not hesitate to recommend him. Can't give name or contact info since it is against CC rules ... but my blog link is in the signature and you can find the information in the pre-cruise posts.