Auckland Cruise Ship Terminal & Hotels

sru007

We stayed in Auckland at the Braemar B&B. It is centrally located at 7 Parliament St & it is an easy walk down to the waterfront area, the museums and the other downtown attractions. The owners John and Susan Sweetman are wonderful, friendly folks who took a lot of time to walk us through everything from the basics of Crickett & Rugby to the vagaries of "New Zild" speak. The B&B itself is a cozy, comfortable and well maintained older house with some interesting history. Their website is http://www.parliamentstreet.co.nz email: braemar@parliamentsteet.co.nz and Phone: +64 9 377 5463. It was a lot more fun than the big hotels and a $12NZ cab ride to the cruise ship terminal.

The Copthorne Hotel Harbour City is across the road in front of where the ship docks - The ship docks at Princess Wharf next to the Ferry terminal

The Airport was about a 40 minute drive from the ship on the shuttle bus

If you don't want to pay the premium prices of the harborside hotels, we stayed at the Hyatt, about a a 5 minute walk to George St where all the shopping is and a 10 minute walk to the harbor. We stayed in the new tower addition and it was very nice. We paid $10 for a taxi to take us to the hotel and $25 for a taxi to take us to the airport-about a 25 minute drive.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you know how close the Hyatt Regency is to the Explorer Bus route?

I am seeing some information that indicates there is a free bus that makes a circuit around the center city area and goes into the area around Princes Wharf(near the Maritime Museum). Do you know if the hotel is located near the route of that bus?

Thanks for your help!

• 11 years later...
We will are looking for a hotel in Auckland close to the Cruise Ship Terminal before we take our Cruise. We are sailing on the Statendam November 24, 2006. Where is the Port? How far from airport.
Hi, I was wondering if you found a reasonably priced Hotel? I am also looking for one. I see they are much less expensive by the airport, but for sightseeing and convenience I imagine close to the port is best. Any suggestions? Thanks, Helen :)

The Copthorne Hotel Harbour City is across the road in front of where the ship docks - The ship docks at Princess Wharf next to the Ferry terminal

The Airport was about a 40 minute drive from the ship on the shuttle bus

You would need to check out the Copthorne as it is undergoing a massive rebuild and rejuvenation. Will be fantastic when finished ...not sure when completion is due.

You would need to check out the Copthorne as it is undergoing a massive rebuild and rejuvenation. Will be fantastic when finished ...not sure when completion is due.

....still a bomb site when i walked passed it yesterday. It does have a great position and is in a lesser price point than the hilton which would be my other choice.

The hotels at the airport are cheaper, but the taxi fare into town can be closer to $100 so in my mind would be a false economy, I hope you enjoy your time in Auckland. ITs a great city.

• 3 weeks later...
....still a bomb site when i walked passed it yesterday. It does have a great position and is in a lesser price point than the hilton which would be my other choice.

The hotels at the airport are cheaper, but the taxi fare into town can be closer to $100 so in my mind would be a false economy, I hope you enjoy your time in Auckland. ITs a great city.

What are your thoughts about the Hotel Debrett? It is top rated on Trip Advisor.

What are your thoughts about the Hotel Debrett? It is top rated on Trip Advisor.
Hi, good to hear from someone who is in Aukland. Just to ask your advice...I ended up booking the Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel; what is your opinion of the place and how far is it from where the Noordam docks? Helen :)

Hi, good to hear from someone who is in Aukland. Just to ask your advice...I ended up booking the Celestion Waldorf Apartments Hotel; what is your opinion of the place and how far is it from where the Noordam docks? Helen :)

sorry I have no knowledge of this hotel other than driving passed it occasionally, its not very far from the port, probably ten minutes walk from where the Noordam docks and is about one block back from the harbour but Im sure you've google earthed it and have seen that.

Auckland has a pretty good standard of hotel so Im sure it will be fine.

Try and take some time to walk along the harbour and through the Wynyard quarter and Viaduct harbour while you are here.

Sorry, I haven't spent anytime there in the last few years so can't offer any information as to the quality of the hotel. It is right in the middle of the CBD and is surrounded by some good shops and restaurants. Im not surprised it is well rated, it used to (and probably still does) have a great reputation.

probably about 3 or 4 blocks back from the waterfront and about 10 minutes walk from the port.

Same comment applies, the Viaduct and Wynyard are fantastically placed for a walk through.

enjoy your cruise and your brief stop in our little piece of Godzone.

We stayed there last December. It's very comfortable and in a very good location. There is a big supermarket close by which is useful for any last minute purchases. The Indian restaurant attached to the hotel is excellent, and there are plenty of other good restaurants within walking distance.

It's a fairly flat 750m walk to Queens Wharf from the hotel.

We stayed there last December. It's very comfortable and in a very good location. There is a big supermarket close by which is useful for any last minute purchases. The Indian restaurant attached to the hotel is excellent, and there are plenty of other good restaurants within walking distance.

It's a fairly flat 750m walk to Queens Wharf from the hotel.

.. thank you for this. I am relieved to here of its location and thank you for putting my mind at rest :) Helen