NCL GEM Thermal Spa

mia10

I spent time almost every day in the Gem spa. I found out that I love a dry sauna, which I had never used, enjoyed the heated loungers, the less crowded hot tub and mostly the peace and quiet. There are also more comfortable showers than in many of the cabins. I made sure I got my money's worth from the spa.

Oh, I loved it so much I have already purchased my pass for the Epic spa. I chose the Epic for my next cruise based on photos of their spa!

Edited by Zippeedee
added information

We are considering buying spa passes on our next Gem cruise so I'm trying to find Youtube videos and pictures on boards to get the details.

From what I understand the Jacuzzi are located separately in the men and women locker rooms. Is this right?

Any other amenities are separate?

We are considering buying spa passes on our next Gem cruise so I'm trying to find Youtube videos and pictures on boards to get the details.

From what I understand the Jacuzzi are located separately in the men and women locker rooms. Is this right?

Any other amenities are separate?

There is one shared thermal pool, one big hot tub, and smaller jacuzzi for one person tubs in the separate areas. The showers and lockers are separate as are the saunas. There is one shared steam room but it is only big enough for one person at a time as I recall. The heated loungers and the padded loungers with the forward view are all shared as well. I just paid $179 for the Epic but it does have a larger spa.

NCL is offering unlimited use of thermal spa for $129 (pre-booked)... If anyone has used this service I would like to know if it's worth it.

That's a great price! We paid $179. The video on the last comment is great to watch. It doesn't focus on the hot tub that is behind the big jet pool--not certain if you noticed it.

The big jet pool is ahhhhmazing. There is a lounger in the pool along the windows so you can lay in the water with the bubbles coming up through the floor. It is open from 6 am to midnight :) enjoy it!

I was on the Pearl to Alaska in May. We had the spa passes and the Gem's spa looks like an identical setup to Pearl's. It's WELL worth the money for a pass. I didn't realize it when I bought the passes but they are limited to 90-something for the entire cruise and, from what I understand, they tend to sell out quickly. In looking at future Alaskan cruises the itinerary I'm more interested in is on Sun or Jewel - their spas aren't equal to Pearl's so I'm very disappointed. And I'm not really a spa person! The first day the spa was open quite a few people were there. Subsequent days it was practically deserted - very private and like you're own place. Very nice.

Just got back from the Gem, a week ago right now I was in the Thermal Suite. TOTALLY worth it. When you talk about really relaxing that is the place to be, it is open late till 10pm. Those hot stone chairs, the hydro pool, ahhhhhh, I miss it so! Out of the 7 days we were there almost every day even port days! By the way you also get a Body scrub for free when you pre purchase it. They have 3 different choices. Lavender, lemon and Peppermint. They give you a loofah also.

The Thermal suite itself is UNISEX but each side does offer private 1 person Jacuzzi's and a Sauna and a special Steam room that I could not go into ( way to HOT ) but my friends LOVED it and their skin felt so good.

Never was crowded always able to either find a chair or wait for one, For me this was the best part of the GEM!

Hoping the Breakaway has a similar Spa.

Just got back from the Gem, a week ago right now I was in the Thermal Suite. TOTALLY worth it. When you talk about really relaxing that is the place to be, it is open late till 10pm. Those hot stone chairs, the hydro pool, ahhhhhh, I miss it so! Out of the 7 days we were there almost every day even port days! By the way you also get a Body scrub for free when you pre purchase it. They have 3 different choices. Lavender, lemon and Peppermint. They give you a loofah also.

The Thermal suite itself is UNISEX but each side does offer private 1 person Jacuzzi's and a Sauna and a special Steam room that I could not go into ( way to HOT ) but my friends LOVED it and their skin felt so good.

Never was crowded always able to either find a chair or wait for one, For me this was the best part of the GEM!

The Breakaway spa is much bigger, has I believe 3 types of the steam rooms and one COLD, a lot more heat lounges, a regular size Jacuzzi, quite a few lounges just to relax.

We loved it!

I do have to mention that there were times we couldn't find a heat lounge available, people literally parked there and slept or read for hours. We learned to come in the afternoon when people were busy around the ship.

Edited by Aldeya

• 4 weeks later...

I pre-purchased but did not see anything about a free scrub, how do you find that out? Where do you get it?